Well You Needn't on Canopus bop kit

sillyilly

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I play in a pretty fun piano trio with a guy named Steve Koven. Artie Roth was on bass. Here's a Monk tune that I love. Sabian 20" HH Duo Ride, 18" B8 crash with big cracks, 13" Zildjian K hats. Canopus Yaiba bop kit, maple, 12, 14, 18 with 5.5 in snare. Great drums! Hope you dig it.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
That was great!

My trio plays that one as well...but I'm not going to post it anywhere near your very cool drum-centric performance.

sillyilly

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That was great!

My trio plays that one as well...but I'm not going to post it anywhere near your very cool drum-centric performance.
Thanks very much! I’d like to hear your interpretation of the tune. Monk always had such beautiful drumming from Art Blakey, Ben Riley and Frankie Dunlop.

pwc1141

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I play in jazz trios when I can and love the freedom and fun of that. There was a lot of humor in all of three of your playing. Great. I play that tune with brushes throughout ....

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
A ways back I used to play that one in a marimba-bongos-bass trio, where I’d do my damndest to use my right hand for both stick on the ride and open hand on bongos.

No video evidence unfortunately.

sillyilly

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I play in jazz trios when I can and love the freedom and fun of that. There was a lot of humor in all of three of your playing. Great. I play that tune with brushes throughout ....
Thanks! I’d love to hear your version!

Latest posts