WFL Drums Identify

XDrums

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this kit in another city that I will be in this weekend. They look rough but rare. WFL badge. Does anyone know what these are and if they are desirable. Advertised for $675. It includes all hardware and cymbals too. I may try to buy if no one gets them locally.

Attachments

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
late 40's- 50's Zephyr lug design I think that was a faux finish painted marble. Great 3 ply shells the lugs are just ok , No swivel nut. For that price I wwould be tempted myself, that's a funky old kit.

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think that Founder badge is a lot earlier, like early 40s? I think Conn came down on WFL Sr pretty quickly when he started using his name on the new venture.

Last edited:

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
40 minutes ago guy texted me that someone is already coming to look at them and then he will work down the list. Shame because these cymbals are included. and looks all the parts are there.

00Y0Y_H0OdOo4jpEz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

XDrums

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL yeah I just saw the post on CL expired. Figured it would. Thanks!

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a good note, it was a fellow DF member that got them. On the down side, he already has the same exact set in his collection, so now he has 2 and we have 0.
Not for long if you want one . Forum members/ neighbors get good deals. BTW. they weren't K's

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Late 30's, I'd say. I have a related one in Black/Gold DuCo, 28/13/7x14, with all the fixins'. Remarkably, that BD pedal works.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I have the exact same set in absolutely in absolutely fantastic condition. If you look at these, check to see that none of the drums have missing paint as the finish could come off if not stored in a good place. Also look to see if the snare is a double or single strainer. here is mine and the article I did for Not So Modern Drummer. Good luck!

IMG_4158.jpg

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a good note, it was a fellow DF member that got them. On the down side, he already has the same exact set in his collection, so now he has 2 and we have 0.
Not exactly the same set. My first one was really beat up. it took me months to restore it. The one I just got has problems too, If you, or anyone on the forum is interested .. I'd let one go, hesaintly. It looks better in pics than it does in real ilfe. WFLkurt has the pristine one. Come up and we'll talk. I'm not a hoarder! Just like old drums