header.nohb.html

WFL Jazz Festival in WMP, 1950's

Richie Paradise

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh man, only went to pick up some snares that weren't selling from my mates shop and walked out with this little cutey. Sounded so good that I couldn't resist....

All original parts apart from heads and snare wires.

View attachment 294152
View attachment 294153
View attachment 294154
View attachment 294155
View attachment 294156

Used to belong to Gilson Lavis who plays with Jools Holland and others.

I've owned a jazz festival before and it didn't hit the spot but this sounds so sweet and looks great too, can't wait to take her out next week.

Right better get selling to make some room......

Richie Paradise

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Aye. I've just put a Ludwig medium head on it to open it up a bit. Those Aquarian vintage heads are good but quite specific in their sound.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Ok so I have wondered this for a while. I often times see a lot of WFL wmp snares that look really white. This one is certainly no exception. I have seen plenty of yellowed ones too but compared to 1960's wmp, the 50's stuff always seems to look more white. Anyone else notice this? Sometimes I see WFL snares with nickle hardware that is tarnished all to hell yet the wmp finish looks amazing. I wonder why this is.....

That is a beautiful snare right there.

MCSVT

Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing about 50's WMP, I have a '59 trans badge 9x13 tom in WMP and it is as white as snow, 0 fading/yellowing.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I think different wrap vendors. I've noticed this same thing. I've seen it on Sky Blue Pearl as well. The very early 60's stuff can stay real light and blue instead of going grey or green.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
True about the sky blue Mike. That color looks awesome when it still looks blue. I can't say I'm a big fan of it when it goes grey or green. It's to be expected but I have seen some pretty nice blue ones in the past.