What’cha all been doing to occupy yourselves?

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I lived alone for 90% of the last year. There were some trying moments. But I dove head first into drumming and a few hours a day, sometimes up to 8+ hours of playing kept me busy and (relatively) sane. For the last couple months or so,
20210412_212926.jpg
my band and I started an album project so I have taken upon myself to learn to record drums in a home setting.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Over the last year I spent more time at work and less time drumming. :homework:
Hopefully balance will be restored soon...

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Watch the kiddo and try to work on my solo EP. Did some woodworking projects, including a desk for some friends' kid since they needed one for Zoom schooling and everything else was sold out. Before it gets too hot, I'm also working on the landscape in the front yard after getting sprinklers installed (previously flood irrigation).

audiochurch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have formed a new rock band the past year. I spent a lot of time working on my singing while playing and am now singing a few leads and tons of backing harmonies.

creinhard

Reaction score
NYC checking in .. Essential worker in food biz, so I've been day-jobbing steadily since the pandemic started. Not much live music here yet but it's starting to open up slowly. I haven't played any drum gigs in over a year. Itching to play but I'll need some solo rehearsal time before I play with others!

In 2018 I started to learn lap steel guitar c6 tuning. Thank goodness I had that as musical distraction during the pandemic! I did get outdoors most days to tap on the bongos in the park nearby ..

And, despite lap steel guitar, inevitably, I'm still a drummer :D

Chris

Little b

Reaction score
Mostly working on our house (Paint, trim and installing solid 3/4" hardwood flooring in bedrooms, dining, living room ourselves). Outside it's re-staining deck and yard maintenance. The boys in the band have had our first vac. shots & are waiting for a couple of their wives to get theirs before deciding if it's "safe" to head back to the studio. As geezers, some are more hesitant than others esp. with the variants rising. Grrr

drums1225

Reaction score
Over the past year, I've been teaching almost exclusively on Zoom and, with few exceptions, I really haven't had anyone in my studio, so it's slowly devolved into a cluttered, barely functional mess that only looks presentable on Zoom. Beyond the camera shot, it's a disaster area. It's really become frustrating to work in there, and I've finally had enough of it.

I've begun serious efforts to streamline, organize, "futurize", and refresh my cluttered, overcrowded studio, so it looks, feels, and functions more like it should, not only on camera, but in-studio as well. Video is a big part of what I do now, and I plan to continue and grow this into the future, so I've made investments to "up my game" in the realm of video and streaming.

I sold off a bunch of stuff and installed a new studio desk (Output Platform) where I can mount my rack gear and get my MIDI controller keyboard right where I need it. It has incredible cable management, so everything is neater than it has ever been. I also ran a split snake so I can run all my mics and inputs to both my streaming/mobile setup and my desktop recording setup, while mostly hiding the mic cables.

I'm hoping to re-open to the public in mid-May, 2 weeks after my 2nd vaccination, so I really want my existing students to walk into a transformed space when that happens. I just bought some paint, and am also planning to build a ceiling rig to mount my lighting, mics, and cameras, so I can get rid of the tripods all over the place. As a procrastinator of the highest order, I'm hoping to continue my momentum. We'll see how that goes!

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been working my tail off the whole time at 2 jobs. Kinda getting used to being able to pay my rent on time & living a local life.

Kinda nervous for when my band leader says "ready for 5 weeks in the van?" I'm kinda excited to get back to it, but I'm getting older & I really don't know. I've had some awesome adventures, but we are low level-ish. It's 3 band members & our road manager in a big old green dodge van all across the country. It's gets rugged.

Pat A Flafla

Reaction score
Who needs gigs when you have gorgeous landscapes like that to hike or backpack in?