header.nohb.html

What’s with the blackros over $200

poetman

Reaction score
Outside of possible sound difference, I suppose I’m wondering if Blackros might become more desirable than the more ubiquitous silver Acros

D. B. Cooper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Outside of possible sound difference, I suppose I’m wondering if Blackros might become more desirable than the more ubiquitous silver Acros

I guess it depends on if they periodically go back to making the black ones in the future, like they have been doing more lately with other aspects of the drums?

JimmyM

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Won’t be in my house. The Blackro is a fine fine snare but I like the extra zing of the silver ones. Not that I have either, but if I ever decide to get a second snare, it’ll likely be a silver Acro.

fatchoppers

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This thread re lives

For the record I sold my 6.5x14 blacro for 500 last April. Sold fast too. I still have a black beauty and a Supra though or I would have not sold

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread re lives

For the record I sold my 6.5x14 blacro for 500 last April. Sold fast too. I still have a black beauty and a Supra though or I would have not sold
I’ve been through so many Acros and Supras in my time. I’m shocked that the 6.5 reissue Acros aren’t selling as high as that black Galaxy model since the NYC BOE drums that they are based on really grab the big bucks.

Like you, I have a Supra, and I have a couple of Ludwig brass drums as well.

Skins_in_the_game

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There are currently four acros and one blackro on the goodwill site and from watching the latest sales, none of them should go for over 140.

Also, GoodWill has some sort of deal with shipping as I have gotten several items from them where the shipping was way less than if I had shipped them. They have a shipping estimate on the page describing the item.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prices have gone way the heck up due to rising seller costs and shipping. Right off the bat eBay’s wacking you 13% or something ridiculous like that.
The 6 1/2 blacro’s are a bit of a unicorn, prices are soaring into the stratosphere. I’ve never played one but have heard nothing but high praise.

kallen49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I realize the op may have referred to 5” Blacros but I feel a need to say;

I paid $160 CAN for my used but minty 6/12” Blacro in 2011.
(I eventually sold my 1974 Supra because I only used the Blacro).
I turned down an offer of $300 CAN for my Blacro in 2018.
Today in Canada a new Supra or Acrolite sells new for $817 CAN. (plus13% sales tax).
Used 5” Acros asking prices $350 to $400.
(A US dollar costs $1.34 CAN.)

Today I would not sell my Blacro for less than $1000 CAN because I could not replace it!

imho The 6 1/2” Blacro is a hall of fame, all purpose, durable, lightweight drum.

Prices have gone way the heck up due to rising seller costs and shipping. Right off the bat eBay’s wacking you 13% or something ridiculous like that.
The 6 1/2 blacro’s are a bit of a unicorn, prices are soaring into the stratosphere. I’ve never played one but have heard nothing but high praise.