What’s your favorite 20” crash?

Drumolator

Reaction score
The best 20 inch ride I have ever played is the Sabian AAX Dry Ride from the 90s. It is at the church I used to play at. Peace and goodwill.

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
Zildjian 20” Crash Of Doom was supposed to be a wild card cymbal and then somehow worked it’s way into my regular set-up. So dynamic and versatile for something folks think about as FX cymbal. Moody and dark but also has a beautiful wash that sits great in the mix for me - love it.

MitchLyons

Reaction score
I love my 20" A Custom Crash, they have a certain darkness that the other sizes in that series just don't have. It's super thin but still projects well, not the loudest crash by any means though. I'm also a huge fan of the 20" K Crash/Ride and Sabian's 20" HHXtreme Crash for something a bit darker and trashier.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The underrated Meinl Customs Classic Dark Crash is a great 20” crash. Dark and complex but with plenty of volume when needed, yet it responds well to lower volume playing, too.

Just the right amount of trash in that cymbal as well.

larold

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pasha by Grandmaster Desert Glow. 1682 grams. Stamped a Paper Thin Ride. Great crash, great washy ride.

markkarj

Reaction score
20" Giant Beat Multi, late model reissue

Works well with other darker Paiste's

Good for louder Jazz, Classic Rock, cant beat the sustain!
I'd second that, although I do wonder how the 20" thin would work. I have yet to try.

I'd add a Sabian Vault 20" V-Crash. It has a fairly mature sound with a bit of "zing" to it. Perhaps a good cross between the glassy nature of a Paiste and the more full-bodied sound of Sabians and Zildjians.