What’s your favorite stick?

Drm1979

Reaction score
Used to be VF 5b american hickory. Recently switched to zildjian 5b hickory with the acorn tip due to the store being out of VF
and noticed that the zildjians absorb more shock and lessen fatigue in my hands and fingers.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Promark MJZ-11. These are no longer made and I only have one pair. When one of these sticks break, I am going to cry:crybaby:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Lots of favorite models depending on the job :

Zildjian Louie Bellson Saturn Tip
Vater Sugar Maple Phat Ride
Vater Bebop Hickory
Vater Manhattan
ProMark 7A & 5A nylon
Firth 5A wood (most used on amplified gigs)

Iristone

Reaction score
VF SD4 Maple, VF SKM Keith Moon signature. I wish Zildjians would come in those sizes, these are the best woods I've used. :blackeye:

bubo

Reaction score
PAiSTe - 7R - Prime Hickory
Too bad they dropped production of those decades ago... :-(

Felt like beeing part of the body and sounded like no other.

Best match to replace them were Vater Fatback 3A since long but never feel them same.

robmcwis

Reaction score
I've been using Regal Tip "Rock" nylon tips for the past 45 years. Sadly availability seems to be a thing of he past. Calato has suggested that production will be restarting in a few months but it appears inevitable that this stick is gone for good. The search has begun for a suitable replacement but change it tough after this many years.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
The now defunct Silverfox 5A - I’m still searching for a good replacement and so far the Vic Firth 5A has been working out, also the Los Cabos brand 5A’s Their maple sticks are nice.

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Regal Tip Brian Tichy model. I may have to look for another though since I am not sure RT is in business anymore.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been using Regal Tip "Rock" nylon tips for the past 45 years. Sadly availability seems to be a thing of he past. Calato has suggested that production will be restarting in a few months but it appears inevitable that this stick is gone for good. The search has begun for a suitable replacement but change it tough after this many years.
Last I heard things were running again up in Niagara Falls. I think you will see them soon.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve been a Regal Tip Jazz (wood or E series nylon) guy forever. But I recently tried some Vater Bebop 500 that are real nice. Also got a pair of Headhunter AA. All are hickory.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Didn't know Regal was having issues. I use Regal 5a and Rock.
Lately for low volume situations I've used some pro mark and vic firth 7a.

gmiller598

Reaction score
I have been using the Innovative Percussion JG-1 James Gadson model and the MG-1 Marcus Gilmore model most often recently.

Latest posts