header.nohb.html

What’s Your Location and Where Do You Shop?

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
North Jersey. Long Island Drum Center in Nyack NY and OdiBella music in Bergenfield NJ are the best local operations I know of. Robbies music in Wayne NJ is still worth picking through occasionally

Lee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Pacific Northwest in the Olympia area. West Coast Drum Shop in Bellevue (Seattle) gets most of my business, with occasional forays at Rhythm Traders in Portland, Oregon. I try to avoid the online thing if I can get what I want/need from the brick-and-mortar stores available.

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
I don't remember the name but it was on East War Memorial. Last time I went there (last fall) they were gone but there was a sign that said they had moved to a new location. Went to that address and there was nothing there and no sign pointing to a third location. So either they moved again or went under completely.

I went to ISU (briefly) but I guess I missed that music store.
I bet it was Flores Music if it was on War Memorial. Not sure if they're still around somewhere else.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in central Pennsylvania and while there is a shop in my town called Drums Etc., they have recently moved to a tiny store front and have very little stock. The place to go is Dale’s Drum Shop in Harrisburg. Love the place and the people. Online I will buy from wherever, but try not to patronize Musician’s Friend or GC if I can help it.

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
:scratch: Let's see....

Growing up it was The Percussion Center in Fort Wayne. (a lot of drummers in the area remember it)
Later it was the Drum Center of Indianapolis (a few drummers on the forum remember it)
Now I live 15 minutes from Sweetwater, but they don't carry everything, so I still have to order a few things online.

Commodore

Reaction score
It's a nicer now than it was when I was growing up in the 50s and 60s. Back then it was not exactly a nice place; these days it is significantly improved to the point where it is a nicely kept secret.
I live on the NC/SC line. I get heads from either Hollywood or DFD.

But I can’t imagine being torn between Cleveland and the NC/TN Mountains….

Last edited:

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southern California. The only place I spend my drum money is Professional Drum Shop on Vine St. in Hollywood. They are THE best.
You lucky dog . Stan & Jerry treated me like royalty when I visited. Great guys and shop !!!

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nicer now than it was when I was growing up in the 50s and 60s. Back then it was not exactly a nice place; these days it is significantly improved to the point where it is a nicely kept secret.
Cleveland is actually a great place to live. Cost of living is low, and there is a lot to do here.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No drum shops in OKC , however the music store by my house mainly deals in pianos and band instruments. They hired a drum guy last year and are slowly building up stock ..
You guys would go nuts knowing how cheap I get drumheads ……

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I live on the NC/SC line. I get heads from either Hollywood or DF. But I can’t imagine being torn between Cleveland and the NC/TN Mountains….
Photos of Cleveland, and some of their neighborhoods astonished me. Being right on one of the Great Lakes is a plus, and the real estate prices are very nice as well. The NC/TN mountains have their own appeal and when my wife was alive that is where we planned to finally settle. Without her to share the mountain lifestyle I thought that I would do something completely different and Cleveland looks like a good choice. Any place but Florida. I need seasons.

Commodore

Reaction score
Photos of Cleveland, and some of their neighborhoods astonished me. Being right on one of the Great Lakes is a plus, and the real estate prices are very nice as well. The NC/TN mountains have their own appeal and when my wife was alive that is where we planned to finally settle. Without her to share the mountain lifestyle I thought that I would do something completely different and Cleveland looks like a good choice. Any place but Florida. I need seasons.
Where are you living now?

TomC727

Reaction score
For years Philadelphia was bereft of a just-drums store, until Brandon Pfundt opened Philadelpia Drum and Percussion a few years ago. It is a small shop, specializing in high-end stuff, but from time to time some nice vintage stuff passes through (he did a good deal of consignments for me when I was downsizing). https://www.phillydrum.com/ Brandon is a good guy.

I have not yet been to Pocket Percussion (opened on 2019) https://pocket-percussion.com/ a vintage drum shop just north of Philly in Willow Grove (not far from Steve Weiss Music).

Out of the area, I have done well with Maxwells, Wood & Weather, Revival Drum Shop, Nelson Drum Shop, and Drugans Drums. And SoulDrums in Toronto, Paul is also a good guy.
Going to check it out when I’m there on business next time.

Roch

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
80 miles West of Ottawa, Canada. Been shopping at Dave’s in Ottawa before he even opened. Buy from guys here. Nothing interesting ever comes up on my local buy and sells. I’m not going to drive too far for drum gear.

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Back in the day was Sam Adato’s in SF

Now it’s ADT

What It Is

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
North of Chicago, so it's Steve Maxwell's or maybe Music Center in Kenosha. Greatly miss Jim and the Drum Pad in Palatine and sad that Vic couldn't make it happen at his shop in Chicago. I've yet to try Mike's Drum Shop in Villa Park, but want to check it out soon. Online, still try to support independent businesses. Great topic but sort of sad too.