What are these 3 snare drums?

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The guy says he's had them in a closet and needs to get rid of them. What are they? Do you see any value in these?
snare1.jpgsnare2.jpg

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
The lined one is a CB700 or a junky snare - either way it's junk. The piccolo is a 13" 6 lugger - probably junk based on the look of the throw. The last one is 10 lugs so it's "better"? I am guessing also junk. Unless you really are a snare addict or recycle metal, I'd pass on all 3 of them. If it's super cheap, you get a Ludwig and few Remo heads out of the deal. I'd offer $40 for all 3.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The lined one is a CB700 or a junky snare - either way it's junk. The piccolo is a 13" 6 lugger - probably junk based on the look of the throw. The last one is 10 lugs so it's "better"? I am guessing also junk. Unless you really are a snare addict or recycle metal, I'd pass on all 3 of them. If it's super cheap, you get a Ludwig and few Remo heads out of the deal. I'd offer $40 for all 3.
Nah! I'll pass! I was just checking because he had no clue what they are and neither did I based on the limited pictures. I'm always checking to see if I ever find something that's worth it for cheap. If it's cheap stuff I don't want it unless it's a rarity and I definitely don't need used heads. I've got plenty of those in a closet! Thanks for the info!
Thread officially closed!! LOL!

Big Beat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The eight-lugger looks like a c. 1990s Yamaha. It's the best one of this lot. The piccolo may be a Tama or Pacific from c. 2000 or so. The 10-lugger with lines and the Ludwig head is a generic Taiwan off-brand from the 1980s or 1990s. Move along, nothing to see here...

Last edited: