What Are You Listening To?

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I've been revisiting Chuck's Golden Decade 6-lp set from the Chess label on vinyl.
To me, these are his "Holy Trilogy" of 3 double albums - and some of the greatest pure rock n roll ever recorded.
It's been a complete treasure to finally have them all.

I blast 'em on an old Singer 50 watt hi-fi the way they SHOULD be played!

SN852229.JPG

Some of the tracks I'd never even heard before, like this one. I absolutely love this stuff!
Puts me in a good mood every time!

Attachments

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...from an Amazn Echo ad currently running on TV...

I've heard the title of this song is misnamed in this video and that its actually called "The Song of Abayi".
I have yet to find a reference to that title, though.

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
More Emahoy Tsegue-Maryam Guebrou...

...notes from the video...

...this video is Beautiful Piano music by a lady that was an Ethiopian Nun who had came from a very wealthy family - she was the first Female in modern day Ethiopia to ever have been educated abroad in Switzerland, more interesting stuff about her here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emahoy_...

Last edited:

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
More Emahoy Tsegue-Maryam Guebrou...

...notes from the video...

...this video is Beautiful Piano music by a lady that was an Ethiopian Nun who had came from a very wealthy family - she was the first Female in modern day Ethiopia to ever have been educated abroad in Switzerland, more interesting stuff about her here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emahoy_... I DO NOT own copyright I will remove if needed/asked
Interesting style, reminds me a little of Dawes melody which became the pop song All in the Game.
Dawes had an amazing career, check him out on wiki

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score

Dawes is the only Vice president with a #1 hit. Dawes an Sonny Bono are the only members of the house or senate credited with a #1 hit and Dawes and Bob Dylan are the only Nobel prize winners credited with a #1 hit.

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
That's pretty good company!
I found Guebrou's music after I heard it used in a tv ad.
As I mentioned before, I read that the song is actually called "The Song of Abayi", but I still have not found any reference to back that up.
On the album "Ethiopiques Ethiopia Song: 21" it is titled "Homesickness pt.2"....I should post "...pt.1" as well.

...but first, some more tasty swing from Chris Whiteman!....

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...don't know why, but this song has been rolling around in my head for a few days now...

Latest posts