What Are You Listening To?

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Blue Note records has a "classic ballads" playlist on spotify. Listened it a lot the last couple days- at one point (on shuffle) The exact same rhythm section — Higgins/Hancock/Warren— came up three tracks in a row (one Donald Byrd track, one Herbie Hancock track, one Lee Morgan track)
Screenshot_20200117-093740.png
Screenshot_20200117-093734.png
Screenshot_20200117-093725.png

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...need to find me most of a 3-ply Pro Beat kit...

...without paying Legacy prices! =0

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Well, a couple more CD's arrived over the past couple of days....
First up, Way Cool World, the debut album from Antsy McClain and The Trailer Park Troubadours...

Today, I checked the mail and saw that The President plays with The Oscar Peterson Trio was waiting for me....

…now only 2 left to arrive...
Just realized I never finished this thought....of course, who could blame me, being lulled into a haze waiting over two months for a couple of CD's to arrive.
What is it about shipping over from England?! They must still be using Liberty Ships to deliver these!
...anyway, the final pair arrived a couple of weeks ago.

First off, this little jewel from Ethiopean nun Emahoy Tsegue-Maryam Guebrou.
I love her style. It shines here and on all the rest of the songs in the album.
If this appeals to you, I urge you to pick this little gem up.
...also, don't be surprised if, on the album, this song isn't listed as The Song of Abayi.
Apparently, there's two versions of this album, where some may list this piece as Homesickness pt.2...anyway...

...Alexa, set the tempreture at home to seventy-one degrees.....and turn on the lights....

...and the other "Pres" album I picked up, the humorously titled going for myself...
Although another album cover is shown here, this version of Flic is the one featured on the Sweets/Pres album.
Recorded on July 31, 1957 in Hollywood California, this cut also features the talents of Oscar Peterson, Herb Ellis, Ray Brown and Louie Bellson.
...'nuff said...

Last edited:

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Marcus King performing a song from his new solo record, with regular bandmates Jack Ryan on drums and Stephen Campbell on bass.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...why I don't hear more about this guy is beyond me. He does some absolutely fantastic music....

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The trumpet player in our jazz band me this yesterday. I kinda like it, but then again, I like everyone who's playing on this. I am alwasy amazed at some of the different ways Bob Dylan songs get covered.