What Are You Listening To?

REF

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm listening to a yt video that was posted here of a Miles Tribute concert. I have it from the YT site while I cruise around here. The music was always way over my head but, it is impossible not to hear greatness when exposed to it. Monster players. And Tony Williams was just a beast in everything he did. He was a walking clinic anytime he picked up his 2Bs.

This was a 1992 performance and it's actually nice to see professional musicians dress for the occasion and not show up looking like they are in rehearsal or hanging out at the park. Every band I was into growing up, no matter the genre, dressed differently than typical, hanging out, street clothes, T's and jeans. When did that all change? Punk era? Grunge? I suppose it hasn't changed in Jazz. I think it shows some class and appreciation for what you do and also for the audience.

Yeah, yeah, I'm 65. So what?

BTB

Reaction score
Bruno Mars - Locked out of Heaven
Lovely song to play along!!

eigentone

Reaction score
This minute? The extended 4-volume version of Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger. I've listened to the studio version countless times but the bonus content is new to me.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had to get off of Art Blakey & The Jazz Messangers for a while and now i've been listening to alot of Jeff Beck. Common theme...Gretsch Drums. Vinne and Tal are a 1-2 punch for Jeff Beck like Chris & Tommy were for SRV. Tal and Tommy play the same Fender basses too.

Herbie Handcock fun fact. He owns one of the rarest AC Cobras in the world. He bought it brand new and is the only owner from new.

Last edited: