What Are You Listening To?

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
...a thousand pardons. It's also the birthday of NOLA trumpeter Sidney DeParis.....

Interesting comments from the OP of this video, too....

Wilbur DeParis And His "New" New Orleans Jazz.
Sidney DeParis (trumpet) Doc Cheatham (trumpet) Wilbur DeParis (trombone) Garvin Bushell (clarinet) Sonny White (piano) John Smith (banjo, guitar) Hayes Alvis (bass) Wilbert Kirk (drums, harmonica).
A number of 33 movies are collected from the Juan-les-Pins Jazz Festival, Antibes, France, 9, 10 and 12 July 1960.
We don´t know for sure at what days the different movies were captured. For this reason the movies are presented in alphabetical order. The movies are found in different places with varying image quality and we even have included two audio recordings with movie illustrations.
Please see the following website for more information: http://www.fellers.se/Wilbur_deParis_and_Sidney_deParis/Welcome.html

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Been hearing a sample of a keyboard line on a tv commercial lately and recognized it, but couldn't pin the song.

...then it hit me....

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Don Shirley at the piano with Richard Davis on bass.
Played over a slide show of the work of C.E.Newland...

Last edited:

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
...a thousand pardons. It's also the birthday of NOLA trumpeter Sidney DeParis.....

Interesting comments from the OP of this video, too....

Wilbur DeParis And His "New" New Orleans Jazz.
Sidney DeParis (trumpet) Doc Cheatham (trumpet) Wilbur DeParis (trombone) Garvin Bushell (clarinet) Sonny White (piano) John Smith (banjo, guitar) Hayes Alvis (bass) Wilbert Kirk (drums, harmonica).
A number of 33 movies are collected from the Juan-les-Pins Jazz Festival, Antibes, France, 9, 10 and 12 July 1960.
We don´t know for sure at what days the different movies were captured. For this reason the movies are presented in alphabetical order. The movies are found in different places with varying image quality and we even have included two audio recordings with movie illustrations.
Please see the following website for more information: http://www.fellers.se/Wilbur_deParis_and_Sidney_deParis/Welcome.html
I loved his brother, Wilbur. I was made aware of him via a soundtrack of a Woody Allen movie:

The movie was "The Curse Of The Jade Scorpion"

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I loved his brother, Wilbur. I was made aware of him via a soundtrack of a Woody Allen movie:

The movie was "The Curse Of The Jade Scorpion"
Ah yes. I think this song's been featured in more than one Woody Allen movie.
Never knew the name of it.
Thanks for filling in the gaps Mike. -b

Elvis

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score

Yusef Lateef – The Dreamer
Savoy Records

00:00 A1 Oboe Blues
05:52 A2 Angel Eyes
11:07 A3 The Dreamer
18:02 B1 Arjuna