What Are You Listening To?

AgentGreen

Reaction score
I got my daughter of 8 years old into some good music and she can't stop listening to these tracks:
of course I tell her it's Gadd. She understand it's him, it seems, especially that daddy plays Yamaha drums too :)
Then there's these tunes I got her into
Yamaha RC's :) Plus some other TFF tunes. Then there's this, which she loves
No idea of the drummer or the drums there, I just didn't do my research, but it's a fun tune to listen to.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I got my daughter of 8 years old into some good music and she can't stop listening to these tracks:
of course I tell her it's Gadd. She understand it's him, it seems, especially that daddy plays Yamaha drums too :)
Then there's these tunes I got her into
Yamaha RC's :) Plus some other TFF tunes. Then there's this, which she loves
No idea of the drummer or the drums there, I just didn't do my research, but it's a fun tune to listen to.
Jerry Speiser was the drummer for Men at Work on the Business as Usual album.

AgentGreen

Reaction score
Jerry Speiser was the drummer for Men at Work on the Business as Usual album.
Thanks for that, will have to do some research on him. Haven't really looked into their music that much tbh, this was just a hit that it's easy on the ears.

But for me, I can't get enough of this
or this
or this

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have to play The Wreck Of The Edmond Fitzgerald on my 12 string to myself. My wife wont allow me to play it within earshot of her. Fun fact, my middle name is Edmond. He's a great player and songwiriter. I love playing If You Could Read My Mind. A great song.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Speaking of my wife and Elton John, between this song and Rocket Man Ive got an earworm dug into her brain playing this song constantly on my Martin. FWIW, I've seen Bohemian Raphsody and Rocket Man and Rocket Man far and away has me digging into the Elton John catalog more than the Queen catalog.

AgentGreen

Reaction score
Continuing on with the Canadian theme. I love the lyric 'gotta kick it to darkness til it bleeds daylight', 'nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight' and 'never a breath you can't afford to waste' - those are to me speak as some sort of mantra for life. The message I get is keep fighting to reach your goals, life is what it is and enjoy the good and the bad, don't waste the time, you only have so much of it. I read the song is about two lovers one is a christian the other muslim in what was once called Yugoslavia. Having travelled to Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, and Montenegro last year, I got the sense of separatism of these cultures and now countries.
remake by BNL

On a different note, this song always brings up some strong emotions out of me

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I forget what the show was (In Concert? Midnight Special?...????) but the first time I ever saw Bruce Springsteen, this was the performance they showed that night....

Tilter

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love this album and it's almost always in my rotation.

m_anderson

Reaction score
I saw Gordon Lightfoot live in 1973 at UMBC. He opened for the Eagles, Desperado album tour. There was a stool and a small table. He walked out with a guitar and a bottle of Jack Daniels. And man, that was a show I will never forget. This was a basketball court, with folding seats on the floor. I was in the bleachers. When the Eagles were on, people were dancing up and down the aisles. It was amazing. What an unbelievable memory.