What Are You Listening To?

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
...once upon a time, I had vowed to collect all of these; Workin'. Steamin', Relaxin' and Sketches of Spain....

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
...you forgot Sketches of Spain, or, (in a similar vein to your joke) Never been to Sketches of Spain. ;)

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
...you forgot Sketches of Spain, or, (in a similar vein to your joke) Never been to Sketches of Spain. ;)
Sketches was not recorded on those two dates. In fact it was not recorded until Miles moved to Columbia.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going after recording dates when I mentioned that. That's your thing.
I was going after that line-up, Miles's 50's group.
However, I just looked it up because I can't remember for sure now if that's the other album I was after or not.
It wasn't.
The other album was Cookin'.
Apologies for the mistake.

Elvis
P.S. Just noticed you called it in one of your pics, but I failed to recognize my mistake then.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I wasn't going after recording dates when I mentioned that. That's your thing.
I was going after that line-up, Miles's 50's group.
However, I just looked it up because I can't remember for sure now if that's the other album I was after or not.
It wasn't.
The other album was Cookin'.
Apologies for the mistake.

Elvis
I am such a geek :)

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Wow Mike. I would venture to say that that's a pretty obscure and maybe even rare record. Is yours a reissue?
No. It was actually an MP3 I purchased from Amazon. I have literally thousands of albums in that format (and many thousands of dollars invested) on my phone. I would say that 90% of my albums are piano-led. Some exceptions, such as Johnny Pate on bass leading some sessions (he went on to be a producer), but if there is a pianist known or obscure I probably have at least some tracks. And, of course, the Chicago ones such as Wright, Ramsey Lewis (his jazz stuff with Eldee Young and Red Holt), Ahmad Jamal ... and the list goes on. Of course I am not limited to Chicago. Just using that as an example since we are discussing Wright.