What Are You Listening To?

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gordon Lightfoot

This one makes up for all the others with no drums - kinda sorta like S&G's " The Boxer ", no ?

Saw him live probably 30 years ago. Great music. Very little interaction with the audience. He just went from song to song. So if you liked his music you were happy.

Reaction score
Falling In Between - Toto (Simon Phillips).

I can’t for the life of me figure how how to count it. I love the song but I don’t know if it’s a time signature thing or what.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
One of my favorite modern trios, featuring Eddie Metz (a local) on drums. I have long been a fan or Rosanno Sportiello on piano and Nicki Parrott on bass and vocals. When they added Eddie to their mix I was delighted. That is not to say that they don't have other projects collectively and independently with different line-ups (or additional personnel), but this is my favorite. The band is going by Nicki Parrott Trio here, but the driving force is Rosanno Sportiello.

Fast forward to 2:41:

Beefsurgeon

Reaction score
Saturday/Sunday mornings are for listening to jazz while cooking breakfast. Kicks the weekend off in a nice mood.

Chris Icasiano - Provinces has been getting a lot of spins lately. It's textural, atmospheric, and most all it's a solo drumming record that my wife actually wants to listen to!

Pibroch

Reaction score
Falling In Between - Toto (Simon Phillips).

I can’t for the life of me figure how how to count it. I love the song but I don’t know if it’s a time signature thing or what.
Just a series of time signature changes throughout the song. Would be impossible to always predict what's coming next the first time you're hearing it.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charlie Hunter, Dave Ellis & Scott Amendola, from a 1995 appearance on BET, playing Come, as you are...

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It says, " Composed by Scotlan Norman - 11 years old February 2021"
Is it just me, or does it seem like someone's been listening to a lot of Bob James lately.....