What Are You Listening To?

Northwoods Dan

Reaction score
Recently been listening to a lot of ryo fukui who is a Japanese pianist. His album live in New York is great and he plays a lot of standards.
Ryo is awesome. I haven't heard "Live in New York" but I often listen to "Scenery." It's not a record that breaks new ground or anything, but it is really fun to listen to. I feel like the drummer is hanging on for his life during "Early Summer."

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this entirely counts, but I'm not starting a thread on it. Maybe I should?

Great acting! Cynthia Erivo as Aretha and David Cross as Jerry Wexler. Cross was the nerdy flyswatter/morgue guy in MIB. I think he does some standup. He's obviously done more. Erivo also played Harriet Tubman in Harriet.

From what I can tell, Erivo does a ton of singing. You can tell it's not Aretha. She sounds amazing. A few times they would mix in the real Aretha in song and in video.

Highly suggested.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been on a Bill Bruford binge lately . Listening to King Crimson, UK;Yes and his solo stuff . I came late to the game when it comes to Bill and his playing is so precise and musical .

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, glad you liked it.
It part of the soundtrack of a tv show I saw Sunday.