What Are You Listening To?

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love The Coasters. A lot of folks think of them as a humourous band if they think of them at all anymore. But those Leiber & Stoller tunes & the session guys they had just killed.

The quick time, authoritative, but swinging train beat plus the piano & the bass kill me on this track. All of their stuff really.

saturnresearch

Reaction score
One of my favorite percussionists just put out a great album called Icons. Here's my favorite track on it. Eli Keszler definitely changed the way I approach the instrument. Really entrancing, melodic, textured, atmospheric playing while still keeping things moving. It's as though all the debris and machinery of the city came alive at night. Check it out if you get the chance! Some inventive fills near the end of this one.

He also did the percussion for the Uncut Gems score...

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

What a great ride cymbal !! Baker steals a smoke off the piano man during his solo, very smooth . Maybe a two smoke bass solo everybody !

Last edited:

Northwoods Dan

Reaction score
RIP to Bryan St. Pere of Hum - one of the most underrated drummers of the 90s. Condolences to his family, friends, and all that loved him. There isn't a drummer that grew up in the 90s that doesn't know that clutch moment when he chokes the crash cymbal in "Stars."

Rest in Power