What Are You Listening To?

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Homage to the father of modern bass performed by the Duke and one of the all time great bassists who was inspired by Jimmy Blanton. If you don't know who Jimmy Blanton was take the time to look him up. Also, this is just the Duke and Ray Brown, so feel free to grab a pair of brushes and play along.

m_anderson

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tower of Power the way they were meant to be heard. Recorded live Direct-To-Disc Sheffield Labs 1981. The other studio albums just don't cut it. I've seen them so many times; backing up Little Feat, backing up The Tubes, and just live. What an amazing horn section and band.

Last edited:

m_anderson

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
...meanwhile, 3 days ago in a public mall...

This is fantastic. Things have been so depressing the past couple of years, and this really lifted my spirits. Thanks for posting. Not sure why they made them stop. Reminds me of a job I played once in Baltimore. I played in Baltimore a lot back in to 80's and 90's. We did a job, and then we all went to Louie's Bookstore Cafe. Our keyboard player went over to the piano and started playing, and everyone was loving it. The manager came by after two tunes and told him he had to stop playing or they would have to charge an "entertainment tax". It was unbelievably stupid.