header.nohb.html

What Are You Listening To?

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I got addicted to this tune few years back . Modern Classic IMO.

m_anderson

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm back!

Nine weeks of long COVID convalescence. Nine weeks! Literally have been in bed for nine weeks recovering. Won't go into details, but today I cut the lawn for the first time in two months, drank two beers, and I'm feeling pretty okay.

Elvis - You post a lot of stuff my dad used to play on the old Stromberg Carlson. This is it. The exact record player my father had and turned me onto all of the great music from the 50's and 60's:

https://reverb.com/item/13297418-stromberg-carlson-hi-fi-et-1958-brown

BennyK - You and I have different taste, but very often you really nail one.

To the rest - Keep the hits coming!

Here's one of my dad's favorites. I have all of his 45's (about 3000). Some of them are so worn they are not playable, but there are also a lot of diamonds in the rough.

Shew! It feels good to be getting better. (Isn't that a Beatles song?)

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I'm back!

Nine weeks of long COVID convalescence. Nine weeks! Literally have been in bed for nine weeks recovering. Won't go into details, but today I cut the lawn for the first time in two months, drank two beers, and I'm feeling pretty okay.

Elvis - You post a lot of stuff my dad used to play on the old Stromberg Carlson. This is it. The exact record player my father had and turned me onto all of the great music from the 50's and 60's:

https://reverb.com/item/13297418-stromberg-carlson-hi-fi-et-1958-brown

Shew! It feels good to be getting better. (Isn't that a Beatles song?)

Sorry to hear of your illness.
Happy to know you got past it ok (and reminds me, I gotta mow my yard one more time this year, too :rolleyes: )
That's a cool old record player! I think we had one of those at my elementary school, when I was a kid.
I listened to a lot of those old records on my brother's wooden (yes, actually made of wood! No covering) RCA record player.
I'd love to show you an example, but have never found one online and that old record player left us a long time ago.

m_anderson

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listened to a lot of those old records on my brother's wooden (yes, actually made of wood! No covering) RCA record player.
I'd love to show you an example, but have never found one online and that old record player left us a long time ago.
My brother built his first amplifier from one of the old Heathkit self-assembly projects. It came with the PC board and all of the transistors, caps, diodes, IC's, etc. He built it from scratch with a solder iron and made a cabinet from plywood, drilled holes for air ventilation. It sounded fantastic with a Garrard turntable he bought. Wish I still had it. My brother was four years older than me, and he was very cool. Although we were as different as night and day, he always let me use his stereo. Most older brothers would have been like "Don't touch my stuff". My brother was sort of a genius. He was listening to all classical music most of us wouldn't recognize when he was just eight years old. This was one of his favorites you should all recognize. I really miss him.

Last edited: