What can I clean traditional finish Sabian cymbals with

PhilAycockOfficial

Reaction score
I have a HHX Legacy Ride just has a black line on it from factory an I wonder what I can use to clean the spot with

It's a natural traditional finish cymbal

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a new cymbal it's possible that the black line is from the silk screening process. I had a Zildjian years ago with a straight, thin stripe of ink running vertically on the side. Some extra Groove Juice and effort removed it.

If what you're seeing is just gunk and you don't happen to have any cymbal cleaner, Barkeeper's Friend is often recommended here.

PhilAycockOfficial

Reaction score
If it's a new cymbal it's possible that the black line is from the silk screening process. I had a Zildjian years ago with a straight, thin stripe of ink running vertically on the side. Some extra Groove Juice and effort removed it.

If what you're seeing is just gunk and you don't happen to have any cymbal cleaner, Barkeeper's Friend is often recommended here.
20201211_203523.jpg

See the black streak circle an half what do I do about that.

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. To my eye that's just a remnant of the manufacturing process that remains after lathing, which is very light/fine on that cymbal; it's fairly common. If that's the case it's there to stay, though over time your cymbal felt could possibly polish it out. :happy3:

I'm very particular about my gear so I understand where you're coming from with wanting it gone. That said, at least with cymbals, I've come to terms with things like that and embrace it as part of the character and beauty of these instruments.

fusseltier

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coca cola or ketchup.
I prefer coke.
It's not a joke.

Last edited:

PhilAycockOfficial

Reaction score
I still do not know what to clean an treat my Traditional HHX Legacy Ride with for cleaning and polishing. What brand cymbal cleaner will work for a traditional cymbal