What can I use to Protect Bass Drum Hoops

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cow bell and BD Pedal are marking my painted Hoops.
I don't like using electrical or duct tape
Any suggestions.
2 options here:

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
An index card, piece of cardboard, piece of rubber, or pretty much whatever is handy will work!

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Can't remember who makes them, but there are thin metal clip-on style hoop protectors Ive used & liked.

cayjarlson

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haven’t any experience with this but it sounds great.
I can vouch for these, and for Twin Cities Drum Collective. I’m in Minneapolis and frequent this shop. I have two of these, one of which I intend to use where my Yamaha EAD10 clamps to the top of the bass hoop. I’ll note that I had to readjust the clamps on my pedals to get them to fit - it’s thicker than the other I’ve used but I appreciate that it covers both the top and bottom of the hoop.

Blisco

Reaction score
The Pearl metal one works great. Used it for years and hundreds of gigs without hoop rash. Also, I only pinch it on, not screw it on.

drums1225

Reaction score
My Tama STAR Maple kit came with adhesive hoop protectors, and not knowing this until it arrived, I had also bought a different adhesive protector (the product name escapes me at the moment). When it came down to it, I decided I didn't want adhesives/residue on the hoops, so I use a stick sleeve, folded so it goes both over and under the hoop, and the pedal doesn't directly contact the hoop.