What did I just buy?

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
Less than $20 shipped.
14"

It reminds me of a vintage UFIP I had and sold....but the color and 'perfect' hammering makes me wonder if its massed produced B8
mystery cym 1.jpg
myst cym 2.jpg

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Any imprinted logo in the metal? That's some funky hammering. Doesn't look like B8 and I am guessing not Zildjian, Sabian and probably not Paiste unless old.

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say, Probably made in Italy, maybe pre-dating the present-day UFIP. (maybe 30s or 40s) I have had a few very similar to that, one had a Zenjian logo and the other had a little round black ink stamp that said "made in Italy." b20 bronze.

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say, Probably made in Italy, maybe pre-dating the present-day UFIP. (maybe 30s or 40s) I have had a few very similar to that, one had a Zenjian logo and the other had a little round black ink stamp that said "made in Italy." b20 bronze.
I agree with you...seemed similar to some Zenjian's I had. I just got it yesterday...its really a beauty...but no stamp or ink...just some cool hammering.

LBCD

Reaction score
Looks just like the cymbal my uncle gave me in the early 80's...it's either 30's or 40's