What did the drummer call his twin daughters?

RayB

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought those were the names of Lawrence Welk’s daughters
Was having a bad day but the Lawrence Welk reply cracked me up.
If you're too young to remember the Lawrence Welk Show, I think you can catch it on PBS. Check it out for the following reasons:

Unbelievably white-bread versions of standards. The vocalists NEVER swing. Lamest singing you'll ever hear.
Super corny dance routines.
Hideous 1970s polyester pant suits (men and women). Worst clothing designs you could imagine.
All in all, the musicians were experienced pros doing a live broadcast.
Good Polkas (that was Welk's specialty)
You'll be magically transported to an old age home and you'll remember relatives who passed away a long time ago.

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's one with Lawrence dancing with the lovely Cissy, plus the HAPPY NORWEGIAN (?) Myron Floren, rockin' it on the accordion

I think those are gold sparkle Ludwigs in the background...

RayB

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's one with Lawrence dancing with the lovely Cissy, plus the HAPPY NORWEGIAN (?) Myron Floren, rockin' it on the accordion

Who can forget Myron Floren?
Even though my Lawrence Welk response seems mostly negative, I didn't dislike the show. My parents enjoyed it and sometimes I'd sit and watch with them. I first heard a lot of standards, polkas, waltz, fox trots, etc on that show, which came in handy when I first played club dates.
It was a great contrast from "my" music at the time: Beatles, Stones, Animals, Motown, as well as my first jazz records like Miles Davis ESP. It helped my ears to hear the straight "unhip" stuff, and as I mentioned, Welk's musicians were pros and a lot more accurate than my garage band was.
Besides, AM rock radio played it's own version of sappy crap tunes. We'd have to sit through Percy Faith's "A Summer Place" (sounded like there were 4,000 violins buzzing your ears like bees in that arrangement, sorta cool), 5 minutes of commercials, then a good rock tune. Corny music was everywhere and at least Lawrence Welk was directed at an audience who wanted to hear him.
Anyway, all music develops your ears in some ways. I dug the polkas, too.
BUT the clothes they all wore on that show; that's a must see!

Vicey

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the answer to the original question was going to be Pat and Debbie Boone.

As far as Lawrence Welk is concerned, the clothing really does send me screaming into the night.

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

And Myron just got an award from Future Farmers of America, priceless! Something Buddy Rich couldn’t say.

Last edited:

rayboomboom

Reaction score
A friend of mine worked the as stage crew for a LW show a long time ago. Not the wholesome group you'd think they would be from their appearance. Most of the members fought and snipped at each other all day long.

poco rit.

Reaction score
Can someone reply the corniest Lawrence Welk episode or era? That YT channel (Lawrence Welk Show Fans) has a lot to sift through. I wanna go straight to the good stuff. Im talkin the real pure American OG cheese content.