what do y'all think about these new Trixon kits?

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
IMO, decent prices and they don't look too bad, but my intel on Trixon is very limited. Interesting DW look alike lugs.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What in the name of Krylon did they do with the finish on these hoops? Looks like an orange peel texture. Maybe it's the lighting.
Screenshot_20200101-110840_Reverb.jpg

Last edited:

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I purchased an 8" popcorn snare from Trixon. It is VERY well made. Looks a lot better than the black kit linked. The finish is glassy, sounds like a Gun! But, I can't speak to their other equipment, I have no experience.

Reactions: JDA

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh my, those lugs on the Volta set look like aluminum marshmallows.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think they deserve a Respect and a look
that tom holder looks multi adaptable.
I wouldn't dismiss them too quickly..
if serious have to see them in-person.

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think they deserve a Respect and a look
that tom holder looks multi adaptable.
I wouldn't dismiss them too quickly..
if serious have to see them in-person.
That makes sense. Jim Laabs Music in Stevens Point WI has a BUNCH of Trixon drums. Who lives close?

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't understand what they've done here.
How are those Trixon drums?
Did someone buy the name and put it on inexpensive imports with some hardware flair?
I'm not insulting the kits ... I genuinely do not have insight into this deal.
Is this an attempt to resurrect the Trixon name on drums different from the Trixon drums of the past?
They were German drums, if I recall.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Trying for that Broadkaster vibe maybe?..not to bad, but are they MIC,MIT,MIM,MII...Cant be Germany, esp at that price, BUT,do we need another knockoff in this entry level market?..I,ve stopped trying to second guess this industry. Anything goes!

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did someone buy the name and put it on inexpensive imports with some hardware flair?
Is this an attempt to resurrect the Trixon name on drums different from the Trixon drums of the past?
Same as all the incarnations of Rogers drums and other brands probably. Whoever buys the name brand can do whatever. Maybe I'm wrong but the pics of these Trixon kits don't look too bad. The badges look a bit odd but I could live with that. I'm not up on the various types of Birch - is Eastern Yellow Birch good?

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It looks like their top line is going up against the Pearl Decade Maple, Tama Superstar, Gretsch Catalina, Yamaha Stage level kits. That is probably the toughest market out there due to the names mentioned above dominating this category. Credit to this guy Jim Laabs, who owns the name, for giving it a shot, but it's fairly limited.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I did some mild research earlier this year before buying my popcorn snare. They are basically Chinese made now. I don't know when ownership changed (if it did). But that's what I seem to remember reading. Looking at their website, they have some good looking drums, BUT their pics SUCK!! The 8" popcorn I bought--the pics make it look like a 6" mini tom or something.

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I did some mild research earlier this year before buying my popcorn snare. They are basically Chinese made now. I don't know when ownership changed (if it did). But that's what I seem to remember reading. Looking at their website, they have some good looking drums, BUT their pics SUCK!! The 8" popcorn I bought--the pics make it look like a 6" mini tom or something.
this pic of that snare actually looks pretty dang NICE imo.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
this pic of that snare actually looks pretty dang NICE imo.

That's a much better pic than what I saw on their website. And yes! That is exactly what I bought. I think they sold it to me for a similar price (I found one on Ebay).

It's a very nice drum.

Latest posts