What do you want to see added to DFO?

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Make it Web phone friendly.
It already is mobile friendly...The Lo-Fi version should automatically come up when you hit it with a phone. What phone and software version do you have? Works fine for blackberries.

sonicD

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Would it be possible to have the shout bar on the top of whatever page your on?
Ha! I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I'd like to stick it at the bottom so I can ignore it! Sorry, not a big fan of that particular feature... :dontknow:

On the Gallery question, it does seem to get ignored where it is. Maybe if it was a "Heading" (above 'Chop Shop, maybe?) instead of a "Tab" more people would get hip to it.

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Ha! I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I'd like to stick it at the bottom so I can ignore it! Sorry, not a big fan of that particular feature... :dontknow:

On the Gallery question, it does seem to get ignored where it is. Maybe if it was a "Heading" (above 'Chop Shop, maybe?) instead of a "Tab" more people would get hip to it.
If you click the - in the top right of the shoutbox it will go away ;)

sonicD

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

If you click the - in the top right of the shoutbox it will go away ;)
Yeah, I know. Click, Click, Click - everytime I pull the page up. Hey, it's not a content problem - it just interupts my scrolling to the Main section. Just a quirk of mine...

Also, +1 to the idea of a dedicated MP3 area, non-commercial royalty free of course - unless Bun wants to post the next Cheap Trick album! We can bend the rules some - right?

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Click, Click, Click - everytime I pull the page up. Hey, it's not a content problem - it just interupts my scrolling to the Main section. Just a quirk of mine...

Also, +1 to the idea of a dedicated MP3 area, non-commercial royalty free of course - unless Bun wants to post the next Cheap Trick album! We can bend the rules some - right?
It uses cookies so it remembers if you've closed it as long as you are logged in. Is that not working for you? The point is so you don't have to click it everytime you load the home page.

Chunchunchun

Young Whippersnapper
Reaction score
Definitely I agree with everyone hanging in the general section. In terms of buying and discussing equipment, I'm all about cymbals at the moment because they're what I need most on my kit, and cymbal talk(while still active) is comparatively dead next to general!

C

cpj83

Lots of good ideas floating around in here. The teleporter is the best! Seriously, we have a lot of under-utilized areas on the site right now. The gallery doesn't get much use which is unusual because it was really popular on the old software. Also, the ShoutBox hasn't seen a lot of action although it has increased recently. I'm not in favor of an OT section for a couple reasons. The last time we did that it was a mess and led to some problems between members. I also feel we have too many categories (possibly). Most folks hang in the General section and the Vintage area.
I do think a video section would be nice, but we need to look into it.
Keep the ideas coming!

Chris

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I miss the the function that quickly allowed you to "check your recent posts"

Thanks for the good work!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
i still miss the view unanswered posts...

mike

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score

If you click the down arrow in the upper right next to the Sign Out and Help links you can view your most recent topics and posts.

drumbum38

Forum Member
Reaction score

If you click the down arrow in the upper right next to the Sign Out and Help links you can view your most recent topics and posts.
But isn't it different now Eck? I was sure the old program displayed them the same way as the topic pages do...... with "started by" and "last post info" (post-ing member + day and time of reply)
Now it shows "started by" and "post info", which just says my name plus day/time of my post (which it already states on the left of the page too). The main problem for me is unless I can remember how many replies there were last time I read it, I have no idea if there were additions without clicking on each topic and checking (which is even more frustrating when there are multiple pages. I usually click "last" and work backwards).
IMO it was very cool, user friendly and a time saver the old way, but I'm definitely not complaining about it. Just sayin' :icon_smile:

Peace, Eric

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
If you click the little orange rectangle/arrow icon to the left of the thread title that will take you to your first unread post.

Patrick

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A Bada Bomp button, with a good cymbal crash.

Patrick

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I keep meaning to ask...

I always joke when someone hits a landmark post count that they should expect 40 virgins at their door....

Can it not be a joke? :lol:

I love this site!!!!!! :occasion5:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Posted in the "We need an OT" thread... I like the OT topics, either in general or if there was a section for them... what I was thinking is if theres a way to add an omit phrase to forum options. In other words you could select "Omit topics starting with OT" I have no clue if that's possible or not.

Other than that what about the ability to lock your own for sale topics... it would give the seller the option to not allow replies and force people to use email or PM's only. I see too many times people post that the item for sale isn't worth the asking price...

tempobob

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not sure how possible it is, but I would like to be able to post pictures without re sizing.
To just grab it from "My Pictures" would be helpful.

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
Posted in the "We need an OT" thread... I like the OT topics, either in general or if there was a section for them... what I was thinking is if theres a way to add an omit phrase to forum options. In other words you could select "Omit topics starting with OT" I have no clue if that's possible or not.

Other than that what about the ability to lock your own for sale topics... it would give the seller the option to not allow replies and force people to use email or PM's only. I see too many times people post that the item for sale isn't worth the asking price...
There's no good way for me to allow you to lock your own posts just in the Marketplace forums that i've been able to find, otherwise I'd do it. Just PM a mod and they should have no problem doing it for you.

I'm going to spend some time researching ways to filter OT posts...

Eck

I don't do drums
Reaction score
I'm not sure how possible it is, but I would like to be able to post pictures without re sizing.
Then this server would run out of space next week. If all the thousands of pic's were 1-3 MB's (or larger with today's high MP cameras) then we'd need some more space. We currently have the top plan our host allows for so the only other option is a dedicated server.

DolFan54

Gum Flapping Idiot
Reaction score
I use Photobucket and then use the link to post pics here, It's easier and it helps Eck too.

Latest posts