What finish did Gretsch make more of…Midnite Blue..or..Champagne?

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow..3 times as many Champagne drums…thx!..I thought they were about tied…

what other numbers do you have…..regarding finish?

They did not do too many Red Sparkle….WMP….in the 60’s…anyway…Nor,blue sparkle….

they did a good bit of BDP……..Thanks Jah!

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow..3 times as many Champagne drums…thx!..I thought they were about tied…

what other numbers do you have…..regarding finish?

They did not do too many Red Sparkle….WMP….in the 60’s…anyway…Nor,blue sparkle….

they did a good bit of BDP……..Thank Jah!

KCDrumDad

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please note that my information only covers the round badge drums with serial numbers (1962ish to 1969). I do not have information on earlier time periods.

I have information on finish on the vast majority of drums on my list. I have not put together a summary, but perhaps that can be a NSMD article in the future.

Esotericdrums

Reaction score
I have recorded 3654 Round Badge drums with serial numbers where the finish appears to be original (no rewraps or wrap removed to refinish the wood). Of these, 472 were Champagne Sparkle and 166 were Midnight Blue Pearl.
Any data on Gold satin flame quantities?

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Please note that my information only covers the round badge drums with serial numbers (1962ish to 1969). I do not have information on earlier time periods.

I have information on finish on the vast majority of drums on my list. I have not put together a summary, but perhaps that can be a NSMD article in the future.

I personally would love to read such a summary.

KCDrumDad

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any data on Gold satin flame quantities

I have 80 drums recorded. 67 are Round badge and 13 are Stop Sign. They range from about 1963 through about 1972.

I think that the article will have to consider appropriate time frames, grouping into badge styles, including or not including the metal shells in the overall count and some other factors so that the raw numbers are put into proper perspective. It is important to remember that my list only has about three percent of the Round badge drums with serial numbers. I have a lower percentage of Stop Sign badge drums. I consider my list to be a fairly representative sample, but due to the sources of the information and the method of data collection, I fear that the information may be misinterpreted if I do not carefully explain it.

Last edited: