What happened to Pearl support?

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to Pearl support?

I have owned several Pearl kits over the years, as well as add on snares. I always thought they made a nice product, and, the couple of times I needed to reach out to them in the past, they were responsive with help.

I had to write to them about a crack in a bass drum. It has been a week, and I have tried again a couple of different times, and - nothing but dead silence.

Anyone successfully reach out to them recently?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gene Okamoto is no longer with Pearl that is root of their problems .

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Al is the guy I worked with in the past, and he was always stellar.

Now when you reach out to support, you get a ticket - but, there's no one actually reading the tickets.

If you are able to help connect the dots, my ticket is: #351345

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Al is the guy I worked with in the past, and he was always stellar.

Now when you reach out to support, you get a ticket - but, there's no one actually reading the tickets.

If you are able to help connect the dots, my ticket is: #351345
The dealer you worked with, they should be contacting Pearl on your behalf, no?

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's been a while. I don't even remember where I purchased it. :)
Got it. That complicates it. But it still helps if you go through someone that has easier access. Example, I am working on this issue on a DW snare I did not even sell, but my e mails are getting answered very quickly. Maybe call your current favorite Pearl dealer anyways. The idea is helping the customer, one way or the other :)

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have never been inclined to go through a dealer when I need an assist.

I don't even know if I have an assist coming to me. But what I do know is - when a company sets up a support channel, they need to - actually read and respond to what is coming into the support channel.

shilohjim

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had a problem with the springs rattling in my SP/30 bass drum spurs, and finally had someone get back to me after a few weeks. But the guy was snarky and basically told me I didn't know what I was doing, which rubbed me the wrong way. But they have been incredible in the past. As a Pearl loyalist, I hope this is not the start of a downward trend. By the way, the problem was only solved after swapping those spurs out for old Session/Vision series ones, which I greatly prefer.

stevesmithfan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is your bass drum from the Pearl Crystal Beat series? They've been having a lot of problems with cracked acrylic shells.

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gene was the best! He was such a wonderful dude and he got the job done lightning fast. Did he retire? What's the story with his leaving Pearl?
I was told he was partly blamed for the fiasco of the Pearl e Pro Live kits that did not sell well . I was told he was asked to retire . I heard this directly from a local Pearl Dealer . I only heard it from one dealer and have not been able to corroborate this .

Bri6366

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Some things come to mind. First, it could be Covid related with minimal staffing. My office is closed, but we can come in to drop off/ pick up and do things we can't from home. With the storms this week, I figured I'd lose power at home and went into the office. We ended up losing power in the office and with massive power outages in the area, many couldn't work from home either, resulting in various delays.

In addition, the Music City Custom program has been very successful. With the goal of shipping a kit within two weeks of receiving an order, I wonder how that impacts other areas like servicing warranty issues. Combined with covid staffing I can see it slowing things down.

Finally, while it's great to have a guy like Al you can hit up on Facebook, as said above, the formal process is still going through an authorized dealer.

NYFrank

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Time for credit where credit is due:

They had problems with the ticket system. A very nice and helpful rep reached me by phone today. They are offering me warranty service on the bass drum. Their service rating is back to - stellar. Much gratitude.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
Al is absolutely incredible on getting back to you for any issues.