header.nohb.html

What have you got on order now ?

Shovel&Pale

Reaction score
Agreed wuhan make the best chinas
Although I just ordered a new 14 that is eh. Too heavy. Since they're so cheap I believe I'm going to try my 1st experience with drilling holes! Should have just got what I've had an eye on for some time, 14 PSTX swiss thin crash.

On another note, just ordered a Sonor AQ2 steel snare to complete my AQX bop gigging kit. It's cheap and 5 1/2 deep which most aren't doing anymore!

Sonor.jpg

Last edited:

Esotericdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would suggest a larger diameter, the smaller chinas seem choked to me

rsmittee

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I lost BOTH of my parents earlier this year.
So sorry for your loss as well! I lost my mom in '18, and my dog and dad less than a year later in '19. It was a very dark time for me. I took out a lot of emotion on my drums, when I wasn't making cross-country drives to deal with stuff.

xtranoise

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss as well! I lost my mom in '18, and my dog and dad less than a year later in '19. It was a very dark time for me. I took out a lot of emotion on my drums, when I wasn't making cross-country drives to deal with stuff.
Man, parents and a pet. That is a lot of loss to deal with in a short period of time. I have been surprised at the level of emotion a pet's death has had on me, much greater than anticipated. My dad died many years ago when I was a kid and then my dog not long after. Tough times for sure.

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
View attachment 591446 View attachment 591447 Ok, a quick unpack and set up in the living room.
Zero tuning (ok I backed off the tension on the bass drum batter side about 1/8 turn)
Went around the kit with a few fills.
Wow! The tone is shockingly low (a good thing) as I was afraid they would sound like my club jam kit.
They do not!
They sound fantastic! Beefy, full bodied, round, and tuned right out of the box and the Fed Ex truck.

I will of course tune them anyway, but only after I measure their tuning for future reference as they are ready to gig as they sit!

Ok, next review will be after they have done a complete gig weekend, transport, load in, gig, load out, and home.

So far Inde just keeps blowing my mind, and I’m a crusty old veteran that doesn’t impress easily when it comes to equipment.
You're preaching to the choir - love my alum Inde WayFarer (22/16/13). Heck, we even have the same pedal (Speed Cobra) haha. They're amazing drums. Gigging with them has been a dream for me - sooooo light, looks great on stage, sound fat and huge, etc. Enjoy!

Tdipaul

Reaction score
A used prototype 22" Sabian Flat Ride from GC.

The risky parts of it (there are many):
  • Has two strips of tape and some other tape ghosting across the top. "Warning signs" IMO.
  • Can't tell if its an AA or HH (the usual terrible GC pics prevent a good ID)
  • No idea how much it weighs
  • No idea how it sounds
The good:
  • Only $135
  • Could be a cheap diamond in the rough :)
  • If it is a total manhole cover it can be returned
Follow up from Post 17

Cymbal arrived today. Was expecting a rigid, 3900g AA type but it is far from it. It is a 2250g with AAX style hammering, wobbles like it is 1600g...no cracks or major dings...great stick and sound...this is shaping up to be my best buy of the year!
Just have to figure out how to remove this electrical tape residue on top without removing all the ink. Gonna try an app of Goo Gone first then acetone if no avail.
Will post up the "after" in lastest cymbal purchases thread when done.

fusseltier

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My drums are as complete as a set could ever be. Unfortunately last year I was in a bad motorcycle accident hit and run accident and left laying in the hiway with the bike on my legs and broke my left arm just under the ball joint at the shoulder. 13 months later it's still hurting every day and I'm lucky to play several songs a couple days a week, the main problem is that 3 or 4 of my toes on my right foot are numb and it really affects my bass drum foot playing.
So I decided to get an epiphone Les Paul classic and start to play guitar just in case I can't play drums much longer. But the Les Paul is very heavy and I can barely lift it with my left arm still.
And my arm hurts more after playing it unfortunately.
I was thinking about getting a Squier strat hardtail for an easier and lighter to play guitar.
What do you think?

RayB

Reaction score
Thanks Steech. I don't recall seeing a lot of reviews of Pearl Masterworks, would love to read your impressions of a brand new set. I only own one Pearl drum: Sensitone 6.5 x 14 Aluminum Snare (not the new Heritage model but the previous model, now discontinued). I love it. Don't own a Ludwig Supraphonic so can't make direct comparison, but it's hard to believe any aluminum snare is significantly better than my Sensitone. Seems to me Pearl makes some excellent drums, so the Masterworks kit is a great choice.

I should add I own the Demon Drive direct drive bass drum pedal. Pricey, but worth every penny. Got it 4 years ago. I've been playing over 50 years and the Demon Drive is my all time favorite.
Also recently bought the Pearl curved cymbal arm, admittedly because I love the way it looks. Really well made and the tilt adjustment is the most flexible I've ever owned.