What is a reasonable price for Gretsch FT

carl1969

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m putting a round badge kit together in black diamond pearl, I need a floor tom, what should I expect pay for a 16x16?
Thanks

dingaling

Reaction score
When I needed a square badge 16x16 floor tom in natural finish I had to pay $900. Although that included overseas shipping from UK. It was in NOS (new old stock) condition and came in a hard case.

egw

Reaction score
I needed a WMP 16 to complete a set and paid almost $900 for one, and that was 12 years ago. I saw a 14 on reverb yesterday for over 2 grand.

Gordogarbo

Reaction score
I found a 50’s orphaned green sparkle in a drum shop a few years ago for $400. They had the 13” as well, but the bass drum had apparently been run over by a car in a parking lot and crushed. The wrap is super, super faded, from green sparkle to a warm gold color except for under the rims where it had no UV exposure(I suspect). I originally figured I would rewrap it to match my 60’s Midnight Blue Pearl 13” and 22”. But at some point I decided I don’t care and I’ve been playing them in their natural states since I got them. Didn’t sound amazing initially but I swapped out the heads for vintage coated ambassador over clear ambassador and I added Pearl iso floor tom leg feet and now it sings.

Here it is next to the Kent drum that originally came with the other Gretsch drums. And then another picture with the Gretsch’s. I don’t mind the miss match anymore. I kind of like it.

Attachments

Last edited:

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
BDP is not a very common finish, right? So it will be harder to find. You also didn't mention what condition you are looking for. Sometimes you can find 20/13/16 player's kits for around $1000, so buying a kit and flipping the extra drums might be an option.

carl1969

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
BDP is not a very common finish, right? So it will be harder to find. You also didn't mention what condition you are looking for. Sometimes you can find 20/13/16 player's kits for around $1000, so buying a kit and flipping the extra drums might be an option.
I'm looking for an average used piece, I'm not picky, It doesn't need to be mint just good working condition

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Generally RB floor toms are the hardest piece to find for a set. I'd guess $500 minimum for a 16" floor tom in reasonable shape. Lots of variables involved too, such as the color and condition of the wrap or alterations such as incorrect leg brackets or missing mufflers, etc. that can drive the price up or down. BDP was somewhat popular so maybe a bit easier to find than, say, Tangerine sparkle, but it always seems like the supply dries up whenever you start looking.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year I paid $500, shipping included, for a 1967 16x16 WMP RB . It didn’t come with legs and the wrap was almost falling off. I bought it to rewrap to match a set I already owned. It was the lowest price I could find in about three months of looking. Chrome was just fair On the hoops and lugs. The diamond plates were good or better. I replaced one hoop and eight lugs for cosmetics, not functionality.

owr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If I may hijack slightly, I'm getting ready to sell my 14" RB WMP, in great shape with clean wrap, edges, 6 ply but heads fit easy and tunes up beautifully. You all got advice on what to list it for? I'm looking for fair price for both parties, all things considered. I may just list on Reverb at a slightly obnoxiously high price to field offers (not the $2500 for the burgundy sparkle, Im not that obnoxious) but would rather just do a straight sale here or in a similar spot.