What is my vintage Gretsch Kit worth?

JesseP

Reaction score
So I have a a vintage Gretsch drum kit that I bought last year, but have no idea what it's worth! The kit is in pretty good condition with minor wear and tear. I have managed to work out the badges on each drum but do not know the value of the kit.

The two toms are both Stop sign badges early 1981, when the stop sign badge returns.

And the bass drum is original round badge 1883 - 1971.

The floor tom size is also pretty weird, presumably because each drum is from a different kit?

Tom 13x9
Tom14x10
Bass 22x14

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Edit)

Sorry everyone! I have now attatched some more pictures of the kit. Both toms have the same style mufflers. And I looked on Eddie Ryans website but could not find this kit.

Attachments

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi JesseP!

You're going to need more pictures than just showing us the badges! The more detail you can show, the better the chances of getting a good estimate.

-Mark

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
We would need more information but I'd guess these would be worth more if considered as individual drums rather than as a set. 10x14 is not a typical floor tom size and someone likely converted a mounted tom by adding legs to it.

mc437

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You've got a pieced together kit there that looks to have been rewrapped to match. The bass drum also has unoriginal spurs, which created new holes. I don't know that I can give you a number for value, but it won't be on the high end as Gretsch kits go. More toward the bottom, unfortunately.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
You might try to find a period- and color-correct 16" to match up.

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
that's an early (pre-55) 3 ply bass drum. 20"x 14"? modified with modern spurs and recovered. the others are various years/eras.

The valuation of this as a complete set is whatever someone would be willing to spend on it. there's no real collector value to them.

Reactions: JDA

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome drums. However, it looks like an amateur restoration with mods so the value won't be that high. My personal guess would be $350-400 to the right buyer. Maybe higher if someone really wants them.