What is the Best Wood Shell Snare Regardless of Cost

RyanLovesDrums

Reaction score
^^^ Why would you want to make it a $4-5k drum ? :)
^^^ Why would you want to make it a $4-5k drum ? :)
My friend has played with a lot of great artists and is the drummer of choice for Karl Denson who has been the touring sax player for the Stones in recent years and he plays cheap snares and makes them sound good.

Last edited:

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My friend has played with a lot of great artists and is the drummer of choice for Karl Denson who has been the touring drummer for the Stones in recent years and he plays cheap snares and makes them sound good.
Not sure that makes a case for not wanting an iconic and worthwhile snare drum. We can name many drummers who don't play cheap drums.... but, peace.

Markkuliini

DFO Master
Reaction score
It’s not that it’s cheesy but for $2k-3k a drum it should be gold plated with maybe a diamond or rare gem in the middle.
Brady's were about 1000$ drums when they were made, for example 10 years ago I bought my Jarrah block new for about 1K.
They have risen in price later, in the used market. Why should the makers include some gems or what ever in that price range?

I just thought you meant that they are cheesy, when you said that they are cheesy. Lol.