What is your all time favourite bass drum pedal ( choose one)

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
Rogers Swivomatic with 1-piece footboard outfitted with a Black Jack beater and Rollor Balancer,

Attachments

PerfectImposter

Reaction score
The lowly Pearl P-120P single-chained pedal. I've tried all the current options, Trick, Axis, Speed Cobra etc.. and for some reason this pedal just feels best to me. And honestly, is anyone actually breaking the chain on their pedals? I don't see a need for double chain, the only pedal that ever broke on me was a DW5000 and it was the pin that attaches the chain to the footboard that broke.

pearlpedal.jpg

drumjinxjr

Reaction score
Depending on how my foot feels that day, Camco/Tama or Sonor Jojo. I do love to sit down with a nice Speed King on occasion.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think I'm in the minority because I'm not partial to any particular pedal. I currently use a DW 5000 but I could easily see myself being happy with any of a number of pedals that are available. I prefer something simple over a pedal with numerous adjustment options.

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
PerfectImposter said:
The lowly Pearl P-120P single-chained pedal. I've tried all the current options, Trick, Axis, Speed Cobra etc.. and for some reason this pedal just feels best to me. And honestly, is anyone actually breaking the chain on their pedals? I don't see a need for double chain, the only pedal that ever broke on me was a DW5000 and it was the pin that attaches the chain to the footboard that broke.

pearlpedal.jpg
Pretty much identical to the Pearl P-900, which is one I like a lot. Smooth, reliable, simple. I'd like it even better if it didn't have the huge (and heavy) base plate. I think I'm at the point where I just don't care for base plates on my pedals anymore.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I've got pedals galore. I started out with a Ludwig red frame Speedmaster. Loved playing it with a wooden beater and a moleskin patch. Real loosey,goosey! I have crazy high arches in my feet. The 60's version of the Ludwig Junior has a raised section in the pedal that fits my foot nicely. It's about the only pedal that I play with my foot all the way on the pedal and completely down. But, that said, my WFL Speed King seems to have gotten the most play over the years and still enjoying it.

Mike

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
MLayton said:
I've got pedals galore. I started out with a Ludwig red frame Speedmaster. Loved playing it with a wooden beater and a moleskin patch. Real loosey,goosey! I have crazy high arches in my feet. The 60's version of the Ludwig Junior has a raised section in the pedal that fits my foot nicely. It's about the only pedal that I play with my foot all the way on the pedal and completely down. But, that said, my WFL Speed King seems to have gotten the most play over the years and still enjoying it.

Mike
I started with a Ludwig Speed King. What I was able to do on that pedal, I have never been able to do on any other pedal. I played one until around my 19th birthday, and then I switched to DW Turbo 5000s along with my new (at that time) Yamaha Recording Customs. I think that the DW Turbo 5000s hit the drum harder, but not faster. Since then, I have been on the hunt...

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pearl P-2000c PowerShifter Eliminator.....no matter what other pedals I buy (Tama ICs, DW9000, Axis, etc.) , I always end up back with the Pearl.

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I play out with a Ghost, with unbreakable straps that I had a machine shop make. At home I play a Speedsqueak (like my tinitus, I've learned to tune out the squeak) I've played a lot of new pedals on backline kits, never met one I didn't like and many work better than mine, but I'm old and I D G A F.