What is your all time favourite bass drum pedal ( choose one)

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Two On the top my list out of the different pedals I've owned...

ASBA Caroline - simple design that was robust and very quick, plus I love that the beater rod was a bit thicker and a bit longer than other pedals, which I think add mass and punch to the bass and fit the 26" extremely well. My large foot also fit nicely on footboard, which I tend to play back on.

Trick Big Foot - Super quick, great feel, fits my foot really well, plus the parts are still available for it unlike the ASBA!

PerfectImposter

Reaction score
Radio King said:
The lowly Pearl P-120P single-chained pedal. I've tried all the current options, Trick, Axis, Speed Cobra etc.. and for some reason this pedal just feels best to me. And honestly, is anyone actually breaking the chain on their pedals? I don't see a need for double chain, the only pedal that ever broke on me was a DW5000 and it was the pin that attaches the chain to the footboard that broke.

pearlpedal.jpg
Pretty much identical to the Pearl P-900, which is one I like a lot. Smooth, reliable, simple. I'd like it even better if it didn't have the huge (and heavy) base plate. I think I'm at the point where I just don't care for base plates on my pedals anymore.
The P-890 is the same pedal without a baseplate. Not super easy to find but I have one on my rehearsal kit and it feels great.

pearl-890-bass-drum-pedal.jpg

Radio King

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
PerfectImposter said:
The lowly Pearl P-120P single-chained pedal. I've tried all the current options, Trick, Axis, Speed Cobra etc.. and for some reason this pedal just feels best to me. And honestly, is anyone actually breaking the chain on their pedals? I don't see a need for double chain, the only pedal that ever broke on me was a DW5000 and it was the pin that attaches the chain to the footboard that broke.

pearlpedal.jpg
Pretty much identical to the Pearl P-900, which is one I like a lot. Smooth, reliable, simple. I'd like it even better if it didn't have the huge (and heavy) base plate. I think I'm at the point where I just don't care for base plates on my pedals anymore.
The P-890 is the same pedal without a baseplate. Not super easy to find but I have one on my rehearsal kit and it feels great.

pearl-890-bass-drum-pedal.jpg

Very cool! Never even knew they made one. They are nice, reliable pedals.

rummy

Reaction score
Learning on Speed Cobra. It's the only one I've played, so I don't know any better. :D

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
dw 5000 .... bought it in 1989 .... it's been rebuilt a couple times , still a really nice bass drum pedal

cornelius

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
DW 5000s - various versions since the 80s - I still have some older foldable floor-plate-less ones for portability and a double pedal version - but always a 5000...