What is your favorite badge ?

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Inspired by @singleflammedmill 's FB post...I am wondering what badges you find cool and classy , or timeless. Old or new, doesn't matter. And what badges you find just not happening.
My top three has to be , not in any particular order, Yamaha tuning forks ( I think we are so used to it we don't even think about it) , the new Sonor Vintage , and the various versions of the British Drum Co badges. Close fourth would be the raised Starclassic badges of the past.

On the flip side, I download.jpg 1 Sonor logo.jpg BDC-©-Paul-Worpole-Photography-156-e1564748493246.jpg images.jpg cannot say I am a fan of any Pearl or Mapex badges, even though with Pearl there may have been one that I may have missed.

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ludwig B/O
Tama "T" , Starclassic
Yamaha
Sonor

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
To clarify, my favorite LOGO of all time for how it communicates the enjoyment of the product, the age in which it was created, and the music it represents is Frank Lubbers' Gretsch logo.

But that doesn't answer the question.
gretsch-drum-logo-original-art-med-768x567.jpg

My SENTIMENTAL favorite badge of all time is the Ludwig Keystone, understanding this is like going home to me. I've known this badge all my life from my Dad's Acrolite from 1968. There's a picture of me, sticks ablur, playing this snare when I was two. (Dad's serial number is also in the 5's.)

1619147329506.png

But finally, to answer your question, this is my FAVORITE badge. I'm in love with how proud (and especially how pervasive) Sonor took these mallets and incorporated them into everything about the drum, from logo to lugs. Loads of variations on the theme over the years, and I think they nailed it, long long ago.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: