What kind of drums are these?

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There are a few vids of this band on YouTube and on none can any close up of any badges be seen. Hard to tell whether it's all metal or just a wrap. But as you say, they sound good.

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Schagerl- they are, I think, an Austrian company(?). I have seen these at DCP, and the shells are brass. They also make copper drums.

Soulfinger

Reaction score
Let´s see - it´s a Schagerl festival, it says Schagerl on the BD head... :)

MrDrums is right, of course. Schagerl (pronounced SHAH-girl) is an Austrian company, best known for their top quality brass instruments. Started manufacturing drums out of brass only a couple of years ago - apparently to the same high standards.

pwc1141

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ah ... makes sense. I had incorrectly assumed from the vid title that Schageri was the name of the band ..... :(

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ah ... makes sense. I had incorrectly assumed from the vid title that Schageri was the name of the band ..... :(
The title of the video leads me to believe that also. Did a modern drum company sponsor a big band's travel from Australia to Europe?

Soulfinger

Reaction score
The title of the video leads me to believe that also. Did a modern drum company sponsor a big band's travel from Australia to Europe?
James Morrisson is a Schagerl artist - he has developed a signature trumpet with them and visits the company quite often.
The band is probably mainly local musicians. Harry Sokal, the tenor soloist, is from Austria.