header.nohb.html

What kind of Microphone in a 15"X8" snare?

Vintage Old School

Reaction score
I forgot to mention if you really want to prevent bleed the Audio-Technica ATM67HE is a hypercardioid that is less sensitive to off axis sound sources.
It has a higher output level than the Shure SM57 and its frequency response is both smoother and flatter than an SM57. Overall it is an exceptional
snare drum mic if you can locate one (it is another Audio-Technica discontinued model but good clean used ones pop up every now and then).

Vintage Old School

Reaction score

(Posting for humor. I'm actually envious)
Not to derail this thread, but I did professional sound location recording for the past 12 years. I'm a perfectionist, but those special effects recorders are on a whole different tier in pursuit of sound.
If you have time watch how the sound team captured audio for the movie Dune. Sheer geniuses!

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So, I have finally decided what microphone to buy for the Summit 15X8, a pair of SE Electeonic VBeat plus two Vclamps. The Vclamps are arriving at the store but I already have tried one VBeat on a horse shoe stand as with 8" deep, it might be better to set it up under the snare. I had thought about them few years ago when they were released but they were quite expensive at Sweetwater if I recalls and I found my D2 and D4 at verÿ good prices at my store on a discount week in September and one line but at 210 Can$, they fit my budget. They are very well made and get nice review so, we will see. They might not be as good as the Telefunekn M80 and M81 but I'm a bit short these days so, I hope they will work well. I haven't received the Summit yet but when everything will be installed I will take pictures of the set up.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg