What kind of stick bag do you use?

Core Creek

Reaction score
I bought my first stick bag back in college in the early 90’s… a huge drumslinger bag that they still sell today:

A4636AFB-F5D9-4A0C-B401-FCEF92A8D0AB.jpeg

Countless gigs, rehearsals and auditions later, I was starting to get tired of lugging this monster around with me. Sure, its got tons of space, and lets me have a variety of sticks, mallets and brushes, but it had so much extra stuff packed inside for those “what if’s” that it just became a pain to take around. So, I invested the measly sum of $16 or so and got one of these:

5FD1BA6B-52AD-41A7-896A-33C16BE82739.jpeg

It really makes me cut down on what I’m carrying around. Right now I just have three pairs of sticks, my earplugs and a drum key. I’ve noticed that through the years I can’t even remember the last time I broke a stick, and unless it’s a studio gig, when do I ever need several sizes of sticks AND brushes AND mallets all for one gig? Never!

Ok, so I‘m no longer taking backup cymbal felts, snare wires, and all the things deemed essential for a gig. But to be honest, in the 35+ years of playing I’ve never used any of it. Perhaps I just jinxed myself!

Nonetheless, what are you using? How long have you been using it? Have you been thinking of downsizing (or getting something bigger)?

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
My old Duplex bag that I bought in college was shot. So, about 25 years ago, I picked up a medium size leather Pro Mark stick bag for about $35 IIRC. Wasn’t looking for leather, but, when I saw it I had to have it. Still going strong!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My old Duplex bag that I bought in college was shot. So, about 25 years ago, I picked up a medium size leather Pro Mark stick bag for about $35 IIRC. Wasn’t looking for leather, but, when I saw it I had to have it. Still going strong!
Would love to see a picture of what that leather bag looks like now!

-Mark

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I downsized to the Tama PowerPad for three exact same reasons you did. My old, regular size stick bag stays at home holding my spare sticks.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Already been/being discussed.

Last edited:

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool bags out there. I just never had the need for one, just dumped a bunch of sticks in the drum cases. The closest to a stick bag I have has got my BBQ knives, fork, spatula and tongs kept in my camping truck.