What Lockdown? DCP Video Showdown: Which Luxury Drum Kit Is Right For You?

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
you forgot.. People lease... that's where all those near-new cars in the front line come from.
they are "off-lease" ..
people turn them in when they are about to need a new set of front tires.
I guess some of them are leases as well. I've traded in plenty of cars and never have leased any of them. So those cars I've traded have been part of the inventory in those lots. I'm sure many other people have done the same without a lease.

Last edited:

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that Sonor tom mount NIJ rated at III level ballistic? Just wondering.

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The seam on the DW floor tom bugs me with the way it is stained.
DW could've centered a tom leg directly over that seam at minimum! Beautiful kits! I'll still keep my YMCA's.

Rufus T Firefly

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd pick the SQ2. None of the toms had the kind of resonance I'm looking for in a tom but I realize head choice and personal tuning on each of these kits would probably change that.

Corbin L Douthitt

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Psychologists who've studied decision-making report that having more choices usually makes people unhappier. Honestly, why would I want all those choices? I'd much rather have a company show me their best work and then be able to accept or reject it than to invest time and energy guessing about what I might like and then being solely to blame if I don't.

I want a company to stand for the sound of their basic product and then to give me some options in finish and appointments. That's all I need.
people want more choices when they don't like the 3 they have.. then there is the 31 Flavors-... and they order vanilla.

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd pick the SQ2. None of the toms had the kind of resonance I'm looking for in a tom but I realize head choice and personal tuning on each of these kits would probably change that.
They have ultra thin shells as an option if that's what you like. . This one in the vid is the thickest shell option.