What "New" Rock Band is Better than the Rival Sons?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Serious question: What band that's emerged in the last 10 years is better than the Rival Sons?

Please answer with the name of a band.

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
I love the fact that someone is trying to keep rock and roll alive so for that I like it. It sounds like the softer side of Led Zeppelin. Maybe these guys and the other new Led Zep rockers can 'twin bill' some gigs and cover all of the Zep catalog.

Rock & Roll shall never die!

Ringofanatic1940

Reaction score

Better?? None that I could think of. Royal Blood is really solid, but I think that the Rival Sons are stronger and a little more dynamic in their sound

Rik_Everglade

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well that was impressive! They certainly rocked the crap outta those songs: I'll have to give this Rival Sons a closer look.

ThomFloor

Reaction score
One of the few new bands whose music I actually sought out and bought (on recommendation from somebody). I have not followed their live shows too much - are they headlining places? Big arenas?

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Rival Sons play big clubs and some theaters, but did a lot of big stages at festivals over the past year. I saw them at Carolina Rebellion in 2017, and they were great, but only played the standard 50 minutes.

They're bigger in Europe, and they have a tour starting there in February for a new album.

Monty

DFO Master
Reaction score
If they have the chance on tour they'll hit smaller venues. I saw them in my town back in May in a small club. Great show and was right in front of the stage. I highly recommend you see them live!

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Serious question: What band that's emerged in the last 10 years is better than the Rival Sons?

Please answer with the name of a band.

I finally sat down and absorbed a bunch of Rival Sons. This is seriously good stuff! It's real, raw, and best of all not "perfect". I'm really loving this band, man.

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Of the "no rock that sounds like it was made beyond the 70s is to be considered rock" bands, I totally agree. They are creating new GOOD music with old sounds and they don't sound like a costume (*cough*GVF).
For new sounds and a wider interpretation of rock music I'm going with these guys. Saw them live and they play a hell of show. Samples, electronics, acoustic drums, guitars, bass, keys. These guys were great.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Lucinda Williams lives there . She carries it with a lot of class and depth .

Latest posts