What pedal are you using?

L300burn

Reaction score
I’m interested in what pedals y’all are using. I, myself, currently am using a DW 3000 double pedal and am thinking about upgrading to a 9000 or axis longboard.

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I use an Axis single on a rehearsal 22” bass (not mine).

I’ll be the first to admit my foot work is far from blazing, and I don’t do double, but if you are going in that direction the Axis single I use is an excellent pedal, so I imagine the longboards are mighty fine.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I switch between the original folding and the standard Sonor Perfect Balance pedal . The strap drive model designed by Jo Jo Mayer .
I love how smooth and fluid these pedals are .

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm split 50/50... My "heaver playing" kits (not sure what even I mean in that case) have Tama Iron Cobras 900's while my two lighter kits travel with Gibraltar G pedals (both standard GTC6S and the Direct Drive version).

boomstick

Reaction score
I have three. All singles. Each has its purpose.

Tama Dyna-Sync. This goes on my main kit. I just got it, largely based on positive reviews here and elsewhere. It's living up to the hype so far. I think this is THE ONE.

Yamaha FP 7210A. This goes on my compact kit. It's affordable, lightweight and folds up small, but still works really well.

Taye MetalWorks: My practice/backup pedal and one of my best drum gear scores. Found a deeply discounted demo model that seemed like new. Nicely constructed, nice action and very adjustable.

Jhouse86

Reaction score
Ludwig speed king reissue. Pearl single demonator direct when I'm feeling ambitious.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
1st generation Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive for about fifteen years . I'll hook up an old WFL Speedking coupla times a year just to feel that satisfying punch again . Hardwood beaters on both .

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently a Yamaha FP-9 but I own DW 5000 / 7000 pedals and a Tama Camco and a restored Slingerland Yellow Jacket they all have their uses and Idk switch them up from time to time

paul

DFO Master
Reaction score
Been using DW5000 doubles since shortly after getting back into playing in 1998 or so. I purchased a 9000 double in 2003, but didn't care for having the springs inside the posts, and went back to my single chain 5000. A few years later I picked up a returned double chain 5000 at GC, and that's been my gigging pedal ever since. I have single chain pedals on the home kit and the kit at the big band rehearsal kit. Wouldn't mind trying a Trick or Axis, but they're out of my price range at the moment. I also played a PDP single on my church gig for several years, and was pretty impressed with it.

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve been playing mostly a DW 5000 single pedal for 20 years and recently bought the left slave pedal and then yesterday got a Trick drive shaft which I recommend to anyone because it truly does make the left pedal smoother and better.
89075D0A-70BC-4114-8746-9B0919F33C0B.jpeg

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
4 kits currently up and running. 70’s/80’s Yamaha Professional strap drive on one, DW 5000 turbo double chain single pedal on one, late 90’s/early 00’s Tama Iron Cobra rolling glide double soon to be replaced by a DW 7000 double, and whatever the current cheapest Yamaha single chain folding pedal is on the last kit thats awaiting its new owner.

charlesm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Pearl P120. It was considered a "low-end" pedal at one time. Best pedal I've ever used. Fast and responsive. It has a slanted heelplate that makes it feel very natural and unhindered.

I used a DW5000 for years that I bought new around '97. Then I tried the P120 on a friend's cheapo Pearl kit at a rehearsal one day and it felt a world better. I had a DW9000 for a hot minute and didn't like it. Wound up buying a Pearl Eliminator...kinda like a suped-up P120. Felt great. Same slanted heelplate design. Used that for years.

But the simple P120 stayed on my mind and one day, on a whim, I picked up a used one for $25 or something as a backup to the Eliminator. It felt just as good to me...maybe even a little better. More spry. It has a single-chain design that still functions with tight tolerances and responds very quickly.

Sold the Eliminator and it's been P120 ever since. I found another for $30 just to have as a backup, and I don't foresee a need for anything else at this point. It works.

michaelg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tama Dyna-Sync. Best yet for my foot.

If I'm travelling light (which is most of the time to be honest) I'll take an old yamaha FP-7210A.
I swapped out the bearing which the spring attaches to with a tama Speedo ring and it plays like a much more expensive pedal now.

I have too many beaters and seem to prefer the Zoro Square one for most things.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tama IC Power Glides mostly.
I have one of their Classics that adjusts better height...

I recently repaired a Mapex RX pedal and its very similar to the IC....

I think we don't talk enough about beaters. The Vic Firth wooden beater and the Trick beaters I like a lot...I have a big ol' square block on the RX right now...huge sound.