What pedal are you using?

Ang

Reaction score
DW5000's since 1997, one single chain and a strap drive, alternating between them depending on my mood.

AustinFitz

Reaction score
I've been using this modified Pearl P-102TW Powershifter from the early 2000s, and I absolutely love it!

I took the bigger footboards from a much older Pearl P-792TW double pedal, ditched the hinges between the heel plates and footboards, then made brackets bolting them together into solid longboards. Put some hinges underneath them, and voila! A P-102TW Powershifter but with big, wide, longboards! They feel much more natural to me compared to the old hinged heel plates. The Powershifter adjustment is still fully functional as well, although the bolt is a bit harder to access now. I didn't want to drill through the footboards though, so I'm okay with that sacrafice.

Attachments

fusseltier

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pearl Eliminator 3002c dual chain double pedal.

itsjjp

Reaction score
Tama Speed Cobra. I'm a size 11 to 11.5 shoe, and love the long, smooth foot board. In order, my pro pedals have been Camco, DW 5000, and now the Tama. Admittedly, the Camco was fastest for me -but I'm just about there with the Tama. Overall, the Speed Cobra is the clear winner for me. I had to hack the toe-stop off the Camco to make it work for me. The big foot board on the Tama made it worth relearning the new pedal. I'm considering the matching lever action 915 hi hat stand -anyone playing one of those?

Lazmo

Be excellent to each other...
Reaction score
My favourite pedal of all... is my Tube Squasher... amazing just breaking up tone when used with a mild compressor into a clean tube amp.

Er... on the drums I've got Pearl PowerShifter P101 double pedals which have been silent, smooth and trouble free for over twenty years.

Tube Squasher.JPG

zeichner

Reaction score
Sonor Perfect Balance. I love the adjustablilty & the smooth action. The long, smooth footboard is great for me. The footboard height & beater angle are independently adjustable. The beater that comes with it is a bit light, for my taste, so I added a shaft weight from a DW beater that gave me the exact feel I was looking for. I have also tried other beaters with it, but be aware that the part that receives the shaft of the beater has a flat spot (the original beater shaft has a corresponding flat spot for the screw to tighten against.) If you want to use alternate beaters, you have to ream out the hole a bit. Once I did that, I can use any beater I want.
IMG_0798.jpg

gra7

Reaction score
DW8000 Long Board Single Pedals - they just work for my playing style.

FitDrummer

Reaction score
My main pedal I use, is a Late 80’s Pearl Strap Drive (same kind I used back in 8th grade Jazz Band!) My backup is a 70’s Ludwig Speedking.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Tama IC Power Glides mostly.
I have one of their Classics that adjusts better height...

I recently repaired a Mapex RX pedal and its very similar to the IC....

I think we don't talk enough about beaters. The Vic Firth wooden beater and the Trick beaters I like a lot...I have a big ol' square block on the RX right now...huge sound.
I put that Vic Firth wooden beater on my DW5000, and it made an already great pedal even more balanced, smooth and responsive. Funnily enough, I tried it on my old direct drive Gibraltar and didn't like it at all. The alchemy between beater and pedal is mysterious, definitely worth experimenting with.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
Axis Longboard. Pearl Eliminator for single pedal/multi drummer gigs.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
I have a DW 5000 single pedal that suits me just fine. I bought a discontinued model (AD3) on clearance and the price was so good that I bought a second as a back-up. The way these pedals are built, I should be set for life.
I just bought one used, looked to be in kind of rough shape. Cleaned it up, degreased it and lubed it with ceramic wax bike lube. Also added a Vic Firth wooden beater, and it's the quickest and easiest pedal I've played. They're certainly built to last, and it plays like new with my adjustments.

DMS3362

Reaction score
I’m interested in what pedals y’all are using. I, myself, currently am using a DW 3000 double pedal and am thinking about upgrading to a 9000 or axis longboard.
I have been using the DW 9000 EX pedal for 5 years up until a few months ago when I purchased the DW Machined Direct Drive EX. I love them both. They are very different in feel, chain vs direct drive.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
Mapex Raptor signles, and an older Mapex P700 single chain double rebuilt with Raptor parts.
I haven't rebuilt the Axis A short double pedal yet.

This post is brought to you by Direct Drive Gang.