What speaker specs would work w this heas

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bought the head from music go,round cuz I felt nostalgic about,a polytine amp I owned 20 years ago. They sold the CAB before I could raise money for,it. If I wanted to find a speaker for this...what am I looking for?
0117192102.jpg

Last edited:

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Really almost any guitar type speaker cabinet should work. That 160 watts specification is how much current the amp draws out of the wall to operate, not the amplifier output to the speakers.

Reactions: dtk

tris66

Reaction score
K.O. I think you may have missed a bit of something. Power is not the only requirement. You must match the speaker impedance to the amp's impedance. A lower impedance is like short circuiting your amp. BAD! I was thinking that the standard minimum was 4ohms in those days and a quick search for the manual (see link below) tells me that my brain still works a bit. *pats own head.* So you need a speaker that can handle a minimum of 160 watts at a minimum of 4 ohms. A 4 ohm speaker set up at 200 watts would be ideal IMHO. Size of speaker/ speakers are irrelevant, though more cone area will push a bit more air. Remember connecting multiple cab nets will change the total impedance. Standard modern cabs are built in 2, 4, 8, and 16 ohms.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/873796/Polytone-Mini-Brute-V.html

Latest posts