What the heck is this kit?

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The drums almost certainly look like Ludwig toms and Supra snare with some mixed in Yamaha hardware. I've no earthly clue as to the tom holder, though I could swear I've seen something like it before. Or not?

GeeDeeEmm

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The drums almost certainly look like Ludwig toms and Supra snare with some mixed in Yamaha hardware. I've no earthly clue as to the tom holder, though I could swear I've seen something like it before. Or not?

GeeDeeEmm
The tom arm has a Trixon vibe to it. And first I thought Luddy toms but the lugs are bigger and smaller grooves on the face. Tension rods look round slotted like Sonor/Trixon too.

Last edited:

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Those lugs look like Ludwigs but aren't. The lugs on the FT are small, but the rack tom are big??? Also, the bass tom mount is funky! The snare is actually blue and the lugs aren't Supra lugs.......I have no clue. Maybe a MIJ stencil, but those are mostly Gretsch/Slingy style. I am guessing some eastern Euro something based on the band ("Turkish psyche folk band"), their sound, and their style, but who knows......they do sound cool, though! And I sure wish I was as hip as the drummer!

Drums.jpg

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
Some where in the basement I have a European kit with Ludwig Copy lugs. The lugs look just slightly larger than Ludwigs. I do not remember if they have a name or not but I will check.

Marc M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
First,thanks for theming the music,I really like the roots/ethnic mixed with rock type
music.
Below you should see an pic of a Duban kit from Hungary that looks pretty close,the tom holder in the video looks like Duban could have made it IMO.I have also included a link to the site I got the pic from,cool site in English that has pics and info on drums made in eastern European and former communist block countries.

Attachments

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
First,thanks for theming the music,I really like the roots/ethnic mixed with rock type
music.
Below you should see an pic of a Duban kit from Hungary that looks pretty close,the tom holder in the video looks like Duban could have made it IMO.I have also included a link to the site I got the pic from,cool site in English that has pics and info on drums made in eastern European and former communist block countries.

Fantastic! You nailed it. That kit is it. The tom arm is spot-on but not easy to see in that low rez photo. Thanks for that site and info.
AD41B684-5E27-4DF5-867A-4B0C5B73CD04.jpeg

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sonor Swinger or Action or Ranger kit with plastic lugs made to look like Ludwigs
These kits were sold in the 70s in the EU with few examples showing up in the US
The lugs crack under high tension
Same 6 ply shell as the more famous Teardrops so they can sound great

Latest posts