What throne are you using?

MICHAELT

Reaction score
Love the Orange Mods!!

I use an Ahead Spinal G Round. I don't get along with a saddle design at all. Best throne I've owned for sure.
Agreed..I bought a Ahead Spinal Glide about 6 months ago and love it as well. Though a bit heavy, I was used to that after using a DW9000 for years, it’s super comfortable and has been helpful eliminating residual aftermath lower back pain from an existing back injury.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed in the DW Airlift.
This reminds me of a pneumatic throne I had many years ago.
Forget who made it, but it had a long lever that stuck out from the side of the post and you pumped it to raise the seat, and held it up to release the air.
I remember it bounced when I played. It was a weird feeling. I didn't keep it for long.

Elvis

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember it bounced when I played. It was a weird feeling. I didn't keep it for long.
Oooof. I hate that feeling. I say no thanks to those types of seat height adjusters. (They sometimes wear out after a while and then the seat won't stay up. My office chair is like this now.)

cruddola

Reaction score
The MOST important element to a drumkit is the a$$ pad!! It kills me to see folks who will spend a handful of gold on a boutique drumkit and go cheap on the a$$ pad. Stupidity. Having said that, decades ago I bought three used hi-end dental stools with back-supports and elbow rests. Have never looked for anything else. They even got their own Calzone road cases.

Slingwig26

Reaction score
A 10 year old $39.00 small keyboard bench. Perfect height, comfort and portability. Oh, and 2 Roc n’ Soc thrones, 1 swivel 1 nitro.

Davo

Reaction score
I like (and use) a Tama 1st Chair with awesome backrest, Pork Pie round (Pigs and Stars), and the good old Roc-N-Soc hydraulic with backrest.
I was disappointed in the DW Airlift.
The Pig and Stars throne is the coolest looking throne . Actually all the Pork Pie thrones are very cool looking . I had a hard time not buying a round top from them . I went with the firmer foamed Roc-N-Soc . Not as cool looking as the Pork Pie but the firmer foam just felt better to me .

JazzDoc

Reaction score
Pork Pie is my go to now. I also have a Roc N Soc saddle throne with backrest that I still use occasionally, and for being over 20 years old it holds up like new. My Pork Pie was only $170, and it will last a lifetime, so the investment in any brand of quality throne is well worth it.

View attachment 462793
Same for me with the Pork Pie seat.

**Only "modification" is I bought a CANOPUS BASE for the PorkPie seat made of cast aluminum - much lighter than the chromed steel base and very sturdy!

I also have a Sound Seat throne which I don't schlep around for gigs, but I use it in my drum room. Extremely comfortable.

Obiwandrumobe

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of a pneumatic throne I had many years ago.
Forget who made it, but it had a long lever that stuck out from the side of the post and you pumped it to raise the seat, and held it up to release the air.

Elvis
-----------------------------------------------------
This may hurt but it sounds like you were on a pay toilet somewhere at a Jersey turnpike rest stop. Watch those off-ramps.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
...now you've got me thinking.....hmmm, Jersey....

;)