What to do with this 12" Shell (W/A single tension)

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...a while back I traded or bought from someone on the forum 12/13/16 W/A toms in an odd aged WMP with gold sparkle of it.
Because of my ongoing marital situation its lived in a box, broken down for over a year.

the 13/16 have gretsch lugs...but the 12 was single tension...i have the hardware but...I also have some Mapex single screw snare lugs (double sided). I'm trying to figure out what to do with the tom...I see the following options
1) Sell it.
2) Finish it with the Mapex lugs and make it a snare (I'm ok with making beds)
3) Finish it with the Mapex lugs and use it with a 14" Sonor Force Tom I have in a gray BOP finish)
4) use a single screw tom lug and make it into a concert tom.
5) Finish it with original hardware

I'm leaning to 1 & 3...or maybe trying to sell them together...maybe with the mapex lugs too. pic is the FT...(sometimes writing the post...you answer yourself...still...curious what you guys would do?)

wmp.jpg

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Wow...a while back I traded or bought from someone on the forum 12/13/16 W/A toms in an odd aged WMP with gold sparkle of it.
Because of my ongoing marital situation its lived in a box, broken down for over a year.

the 13/16 have gretsch lugs...but the 12 was single tension...i have the hardware but...I also have some Mapex single screw snare lugs (double sided). I'm trying to figure out what to do with the tom...I see the following options
1) Sell it.
2) Finish it with the Mapex lugs and make it a snare (I'm ok with making beds)
3) Finish it with the Mapex lugs and use it with a 14" Sonor Force Tom I have in a gray BOP finish)
4) use a single screw tom lug and make it into a concert tom.
5) Finish it with original hardware

I'm leaning to 1 & 3...or maybe trying to sell them together...maybe with the mapex lugs too. pic is the FT...(sometimes writing the post...you answer yourself...still...curious what you guys would do?)

View attachment 459243
Is this an 8x12?
How much?