What to do with used heads?

Santino

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do a fair bit of recording and change heads more than most. I give them to a friend who owns a small local music store and he flips them for a few bucks each. He also gets most of my used gear to sell. He's "that" guy squeaking by and anything I can do to help keep those doors open, I try to do.

Griener

Reaction score
One more reason to switch to calf. They're biodegradable!

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I read the rules - no flowerpot suggestions. That's to bad because there's a really good way of reusing old heads.

I've also recycled drumheads as metal since the recycling company accept them with the plastic still on - at least where I recycle.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There's a studio not to far away that's struggling pretty bad. My used heads are far better than the ones they have on their kits. I just donate em to them

Christopher

Reaction score
My daughter likes to paint, so I scrubbed a few old coated heads with Comet to clean them up and gave them to her as canvases. She has yet to use them.

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When they start piling up with Remo UT's ....I put an ad on the "FREE" Section on Craigslist with a photo and they are usually gone the same day

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I had a similar thread weeks ago. I finally threw out all but my 15" heads, and mesh heads (which I plan to sell).

I decided that my son's (outgrown) kit isn't moving with the upgrades, so I'm going to sell the L80's, Atlas Hat stand and HP50 separate, which means digging out the 13 snare and stand (hate that - imo the flying snare makes it work for kids). And ... It's got a mesh head and I have no 13" heads now. Gah. I knew it! See throw something away and you'll need it