What Was The Last Rock Show You Saw?

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is Jojo Mayer's band, Nerve, a rock show?

Last live performance (other than me playing) I paid money to see was Benny Golson in January.

Hmmm....That is a good question. A real honest to goodness rock and roll band that I paid money to see. It had to be ZZ Top way back in the early 00's. I've seen hundreds of live performances, but they were all blues and jazz artists & bands.

Before seeing Jojo last year, It was Robben Ford before that.

Edit: Problem with being old is CRS disease. I saw Primus in 2013 on a double bill with Gov't Mule. 50th birthday present from the wife (the present was she endured it) So, yeah that's probably last rock show. I was having a great time in the mosh pit at 50 years old.
Nerve, I'd love to see them live.

My last show was almost a year ago. Polish prog band Riverside in a small club in Toronto. Was supposed to see King Crimson and Dweezil this summer but NOooooooo.....

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My wife drug me to Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson late last year. In return I get Rage Against The Machine and then Tool. Rage has already rescheduled but crickets on the Tool show so far. I had Slayer tickets but got to sick to go right before this dilemma all started.

Browny

Reaction score
March 7/8, the week before all this stuff hit Aus/Melb. The Pixies as well as Hot Chip, Sampa the Great, Bill Callahan, Evelyn Champagne King, Stereolab, Sleaford Mods, General Levy, etc

JimmySticks

Reaction score
Oh, bad memories.

Me and my wife went to SF in 2018 to hang out with my Cali cousins, and she insisted on dragging us to a music festival in Outside Lands, which is some huge park in SF. Good grief, I was surrounded by children, a hundred and something thousand children! I'm 60! I could have been a grandparent to half of the crowd! It was hot, crowded, and about a million acres big which meant a lot of meaningless walking to go from stage to stage to see...wait for it - I don't know!!! I didn't know any of the acts, except for blink-182 who played one of there 2 hits.:rolleyes:

So me and my wife eventually went our own way and actually found some jazz in a tent with maybe 100 people in it. They had wine, nice! I was beginning to feel good again about my age. And I knew this act, Tony Danza! Yeah, I'm really embarrassed to say I enjoyed the show. :oops:

I realized just how old I had become that day. I was hot, tired, bored and ready for bed. But we had no way back to the hotel. I have no idea where my cousins went. So luckily I found a great young girl who was happy to help the old guy put Uber on his phone so we could get the hell out of there...sad, very sad. I still haven't fully recovered...:blink::sad10:

gmiller598

Reaction score
Hot Rats! How was that? Was supposed to see him in March here in NYC but things were starting to get a little nutso around then and decided to pass on it.
Last live show-Allman Betts Band back in freakin' November Jeez!
It was cool. I wouldn't say Hot Rats is my favorite Zappa album but he did some cool stuff. I saw him once before a couple of years ago.

hsosdrum

Reaction score
My last rock show was Zappa Plays Zappa and Return to Forever at the Greek Theater (Los Angeles) around 2012. Good show — I loved hearing Frank's music live being executed with both the precision and the looseness it deserves.

Anyone want to talk about their very first rock show? Mine was a 'package tour' (each act played around 30 min) at the Hollywood Bowl in October of 1967:
  • Spanky and Our Gang
  • The Association
  • The Everly Brothers
  • The Animals
  • The Who
My first real rock show was in March of 1968 at the Shrine Expo Hall:
  • Mint Tattoo
  • The James Cotton Blues Band
  • Cream

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I think it was The Beach Boys. 1990.
WORST show I ever saw.
Someone must've pissed them off, because about an hour and a half was The really bad Mike Love comedy show, and then they crammed every hit they had into a 15 minute section in the middle of the show, then it was about another 45 minutes of the really bad Mike Love comedy show.
On top of that, ON THE WAY TO THE CONCERT, the girl I was dating at the time decided that was a good time to tell me she'd been cheating on me with some guy at her work and that she wanted him to live with her now.
.....AAAAGON-I-ZING!!!!!!!!

...and people wonder why I haven't been to a rock concert in 30 years. :blink:

Wxmaggot

Reaction score
Last rock show I saw was Guns n Roses. Last show I saw before the ol lockdown was the great Tab Benoit. If you like blues, you need to know Tab!

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I really miss seeing and playing music. Haven't practiced with the guys for six weeks now.

The last show I saw was great. Steve Harris, Iron Maiden's bassist, brought his side band to a tiny theatre in my town in mid-February. My seats were in a sort of balcony above the stage -- close enough that I was able to call out to British Lion's drummer at the end to throw me a stick (and caught one). I was able to walk down on the floor during the set.

A German two-piece called The Picturebooks opened. The drummer absolutely hammered his kit, which has huge toms and no cymbals. Nice guys, too.
I have a local buddy who plays in a band. I saw them last August. I've been to lots of big shows. I honestly dont remember the last big show I went to though

Latest posts