What were all the records that Buddy played on with his Rogers?

poco rit.

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tryin to get some tone inspiration for my 13 and 16 toms.

What were all the confirmed recordings that Buddy played on with his Rogers drums?

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi poco rit!

You can see Buddy's Rogers Celebrity kit in the album "Swingin' New Big Band". I'm sure there are others, but his Rogers really stands out in this LP cover and you can see which songs were played on the back, including his infamous "West Side Story"! Hopefully, others will chime in with more songs!

-Mark

Attachments

poco rit.

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi poco rit!

You can see Buddy's Rogers Celebrity kit in the album "Swingin' New Big Band". I'm sure there are others, but his Rogers really stands out in this LP cover and you can see which songs were played on the back, including his infamous "West Side Story"! Hopefully, others will chime in with more songs!

-Mark
Ayyyy thank you sir. I will add that to my Spotify

GregR

Reaction score
I absolutely love that Sammy Davis album with Buddy!

thenuge

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Someone said here recently his playing was a good ‘how to’ for big band. Here ya go. If you - and your band - can do this then you can do anything. And good lord..5 a.m. making a record?? After already doing your gig? On the one hand, superhuman but you can understand why uppers were/are so common for getting through this type of life. On the other hand, this was normal. You go to bed when the straight world gets up. Rinse repeat. The jazz life man..

Last edited:

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buddy was mostly on Rogers from around 1961-67 until he fell out with Rogers they took him off the cover half way through '67 and reissued the catalogue without him.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
And that was when Buddy signed on as a Trixon endorser, which only lasted about 6 months or so.

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
Someone said here recently his playing was a good ‘how to’ for big band. Here ya go. If you - and your band - can do this then you can do anything. And good lord..5 a.m. making a record?? After already doing your gig? On the one hand, superhuman but you can understand why uppers were/are so common for getting through this type of life. On the other hand, this was normal. You go to bed when the straight world gets up. Rinse repeat. The jazz life man..

An amazing album right here!

poco rit.

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sammy Buddy album got me realizing, Buddy freaking overplays man. Even during the verses when its not his turn to solo. Its like we get it dude you're a good drummer, but lay back sometimes. He steps all over Sammy in that album and its kind of annoying sometimes. This is just my green opinion. Maybe I haven't listened to enough big band. Its more like Big Noodling