What would you do?

VKT Radiostar

Reaction score
Hey guy’s, I need some advice. I’ve been playing drum’s for 55yrs. It’s my main love... besides my wife. She absolutely hates it. She has no tolerance for ANY kind of noise. If there’s a little rattle in the car, we have to stop and fix it. Things like this. So today she had the idea in about one year selling the house and going RV full time. You KNOW what this means. NO drums. She has no idea how important this is to me. She’s highly pissed now. She has NO hobbies at all. Literally she has’nt got the patience or them. If we went full time RVing and we had a home base it would be okay, and in the past we talked about it. Now no home base. What would you guy’s do? Advice please!
Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly. Drummers gotta Drum.
You’ve been Selfless long enough.

Last edited:

Derrick

Reaction score
Hey guy’s, I need some advice. I’ve been playing drum’s for 55yrs. It’s my main love... besides my wife. She absolutely hates it. She has no tolerance for ANY kind of noise. If there’s a little rattle in the car, we have to stop and fix it. Things like this. So today she had the idea in about one year selling the house and going RV full time. You KNOW what this means. NO drums. She has no idea how important this is to me. She’s highly pissed now. She has NO hobbies at all. Literally she has’nt got the patience or them. If we went full time RVing and we had a home base it would be okay, and in the past we talked about it. Now no home base. What would you guy’s do? Advice please!
First and formost, with any relationship you had better have communication. You are talking to us instead of her which tells me communication is rocky at best. She must know how important drums are to you and how much you love them if you've been playing 55 years and it's you main love. If not, again, something wrong. You need to step up and advocate for your place in this, but carefully. Otherwise, you lose no matter what. She can never be your love (nor you love her) if she makes you choose between your passion and her. Plus, a side note... how in the hell is she going to live in an RV if she hates every little noise? Something to consider. Good luck.

Last edited:

sixplymaple

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
What‘s that old saying? No wife, happy life?

I’d buy an electric kit to bring with you and a pair of soundproof headphones for your wife.

Bob Salvati

Reaction score
Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly. Drummers gotta Drum.
You’ve been Selfless long enough.
First and formost, with any relationship you had better have communication. You are talking to us instead of her which tells me that is rocky at best. She must know how important drums are to you and how much you love them of you've been playing 55 years and it's you main love. If not, again, something wrong. You need to step up and advocate for your place in this but carefully. Otherwise, you lose no matter what. She can never be your love if she makes you choose between your passion and her. Plus, a side note... how in the hell is she going to live in an RV if she hates every little noise? Something to consider. Good luck.
[/QUProblem solved. Thanks.

Bob Salvati

Reaction score
Thank’s to all you “drum head’s” out there for all of the advice. Some were really helpful, some were gut busting funny. I think we’re just gonna keep our fifth wheel and GMC Duramax and keep the house ( like “I” thought we should orginally do.) Might even sell them (pick-up and 5th wheel) and get a motor home, keep our suv and our home for base We’ll see.

Last edited: